What's new

The Ring........March 4th........w/DTS (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Dreamworks is scheduled to release the recent hit "The Ring", starring Naomi Watts, on March 4th. The only known feature so far is that it will include a DTS track on it.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Wow, that has to be one of the fastest theater to DVD releases ever, about 4 months. I've seen a screener DVD and the picture quality is outstanding, hopefully it's the same transfer.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Sweetness, I cant wait to get it! Great flick! And DTS....thats the only extra I need. :)

Tim RH

Second Unit
RINGU will be released seperately on the same day with an anamorphic widescreen transfer, DD 5.1 audio in the original Japanese language and a trailer.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
Maid in Manhattan was announced for DVD, and its still in theaters doing quite well, Looking forward to Ringu and The Ring.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I can honestly say that this movie absolutely, positively gave me the creepin' heebie-geebies! I saw it in the theater as a matinee and there was only one other person there, about 6 rows back from me. I have never had another motion picture affect me the way The Ring did. Very disturbing :frowning: , and I'm 45 years old!
Just my .02 ...
(Julian - your post DID make me laugh-I caught it the first time! :D )

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I was hoping Dreamworks would release this one w/ a DTS track! Should sound really creepy!!
S M O K I N!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Unfortunately, the only extras on this disc are a featurette titeled," The Mystery of the Ring" and the trailer for the Japanese film Ringu. Also, apparently, the "Ring" tape inself seen in the movie is supposed to be longer, with more creepy footage to it. The disc will still contain anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital and DTS tracks. The cover art can be seen at several other sites right now.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Also, apparently, the "Ring" tape inself seen in the movie is supposed to be longer, with more creepy footage to it.
So are you saying that the film itself will be altered? I was under the impression that the extended version of the tape would be viewed separately, but it's hard to tell since the spec list posted today had no mention of it all.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Just from what has been heard the "Ring" tape will be extended slightly and add more creepy and disturbing footage to it. I also thought that it would include a supplement or at least a deleted scene with this feature. The specs don't list this at all, so its possible it may or may not be included. Personally, I dont see it making much of a difference since all of the footage in the tape concerned parts of the movie that the tape was based on, or that were things that had to do with the story
I can't imagine what would be put in that would further enhance the story. It may just be a rumor, but who knows.

I was suprised by the lack of supplement, especially from a film that was well received at the box office, by critics and audiences, and from Dreamworks. Their are no commentaries, no making of or documentaries, no other trailers, storyboards, interviews, or anything. The movie also came to DVD rather quickly, which makes one wonder if their will be another release of it. But seeing as how Dreamworks rarely if ever has re-released a title again on DVD, we will probably have to live with what we get.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
I can honestly say that this movie absolutely, positively gave me the creepin' heebie-geebies! I saw it in the theater as a matinee and there was only one other person there, about 6 rows back from me. I have never had another motion picture affect me the way The Ring did. Very disturbing
I know how you feel I am 36yo and I had to sleep with my PC monitor on with the screensaver going as a nitelite. It really un-nerved me as well.

I think it would be really cool to put the "video" on the disc somewhere as an easter-egg. So we can watch it ourselves and fear the phone ringing afterwards.

chris

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone that is familar with the original series clear something up for me?

I am bit confused in the order I should watch them. The one that confusing me is Rasen/The Spiral. It claims to be a sequel to Ringu. Then what is Ring 2? I know Ring 0 is a prequel but should will it spoil it if I watch it first or should I wacth them the order they came out?

Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks