1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Rifleman Season Sets in 2013 ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by silverking, Dec 27, 2012.

1. PianoPlayer

PianoPlayer Stunt Coordinator

Larry
    Fans of The Rifleman will enjoy this new CD soundtrack release -- about two hours of original music from the show. (I just received my copy and it is excellent.)

Darby67 and Carabimero like this.
  2. Likecats

Likecats Stunt Coordinator

William
    I just purchased season four vol. 1 at Walmart yesterday for $14.98, Does anyone know when season four vol. 2 will come out?

Flashgear and Darby67 like this.
  3. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer

Alan
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered this. You said it's almost 2 hours. Is it two discs?

Darby67 likes this.
  4. GMBurns

GMBurns Second Unit

Glenn
    The half season releases have generally been coming out mid to late November, so if they stick to that schedule season four volume two should be out soon. I'm also anticipating the release of the complete final season in a month or so. I had never seen the Rifleman prior to Levy-Gardner-Laven releasing season 1 back in 2013, but it has become one of my favorite westerns and it will be nice to own the final 26 episodes.

5. PianoPlayer

PianoPlayer Stunt Coordinator

Larry
    Yes, two discs.

Flashgear, Darby67 and Carabimero like this.
  6. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer

Alan
    Thanks.

My wife rightfully claims that she can never buy me anything I want for my birthday or Christmas because I always buy it first. So this is being tucked away for Christmas morning. Delayed gratification does have its rewards: I'm looking forward to hearing it. But tell me. Was yours packed well? Did it arrive undamaged? I don't want to wait two months to discover a defect and try and get a refund then. Thanks.

Flashgear, Ron1973 and Darby67 like this.
  7. GMBurns

GMBurns Second Unit

Glenn
    The website is now showing season 5 of the Rifleman as coming soon. I am looking forward to completing this very enjoyable series.

Darby67 likes this.
  8. Darby67

Darby67 Screenwriter

Sean
    Just received the following email regarding Season 5:

Season 5 DVD boxed set
    Collector Edition
    (episodes 143 - 168)

~ Coming in time for Christmas ~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions is pleased to announce that the Season 5 DVD boxed set is in production and will be released in time for the holidays. This Collector Edition 6-disc DVD set of The Rifleman, the Original Series contains all 26 episodes of the fifth and final Season in the order of their original television broadcast. Digitally re-mastered with Special Features, including original musical montages from the original score composed by Herschel Burke Gilbert.

The universal themes and the special father-son relationship between Lucas and Mark McCain have made THE RIFLEMAN one of the most enduring and beloved western series of all time. Look for News from North Fork during the week of Thanksgiving, where we will announce the date when we will be begin accepting orders. It will include a special offer to our loyal fans.

[​IMG]

When you shop at our website, you can use our Secure Checkout or Amazon Checkout, for the convenience of customers who already have an Amazon account.

We will be happy to take phone orders during regular store hours: 10:00am to 5:00pm (PST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

Phone: +1 310-278-9820 ext 312
    Email: [email protected]

We have a lot of customers outside the US. Currently, our online store does not process international orders, but if you call us during business hours, we will work with you to make special shipping arrangements (shipping costs vary according to region).

Best regards,
    the Folks at North Fork General Merchandise
    and Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions Inc/LGL Licensing LLC

ponset, Jeff*H and Carabimero like this.
  9. Darby67

Darby67 Screenwriter

Sean
    And just received this email with a release date and discount code:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Season 5 Collector Edition
    DVD Boxed Set
    in time for the Holidays

Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions is pleased to announce the release of The Rifleman authorized Season 5 DVD boxed set. This offering completes the entire series, with episodes 143-168. Orders will be accepted beginning Thanksgiving Day, November 23, 2017 on the official website. The set of six discs contains all 26 episodes of Season 5 in their original broadcast order, plus two photo galleries and two musical montages featuring the original score composed by Herschel Burke Gilbert. Orders are expected to begin shipping on Monday, November 27th. (Delivery est. 14 days.)

The Season 5 Collector Edition DVD Boxed Set retails for $52.95 (plus shipping and sales tax where applicable). For more details about the DVDs, please visit North Fork General Merchandise at: www.therifleman.net/index.php/gm/, the official online store of The Rifleman, the Original Series.

Order Your Copy
    of Season 5
    Starting
    Nov 23rd, 2017

- Limited Time Offer -
    for our loyal mailing list fans
    Nov 23 thru Dec 7, 2017

Use Coupon Code:
    S5THNKS17

Get 10% off
    (offer applies only to Season 5 in the online store at the official website)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apply code in cart before proceeding to checkout (If you order more than one DVD set, you may need to click the "Apply Coupon" button again after adding additional DVD products to your cart.)

When you shop at our website, you can use our Secure Checkout or Amazon Checkout, for the convenience of customers who already have an Amazon account. For the best shopping experience, we recommend using Chrome browser.
    We will be happy to take orders on the Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 DVD sets by phone beginning Monday, November 27th during regular store hours: 10:00am to 5:00pm (PST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are with our families on Friday, November 24th.

Phone: +1 310-278-9820 ext 312
    Email: [email protected]

We have a lot of customers outside the US. Currently, our online store does not process international orders, but if you call us during business hours, we will work with you to make special special shipping arrangements (shipping costs vary according to region).

Best regards and Happy Holidays,
    the Folks at North Fork General Merchandise
    and Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions Inc/LGL Licensing LLC

Copyright © 2017 Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions, Inc. | LGL Licensing LLC
    www.therifleman.net | +1 310-278-9820 (M-F, 10am - 5pm PST; closed holidays)

Flashgear and GMBurns like this.
  10. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    I saw that on their site (I think I got the same email) and emailed asking about S4V2. I've not yet heard from them. I hope they've not given up on those "bargain" releases. I don't need, nor want, the extras and love those half-season sets.

Flashgear, Darby67 and Mark McSherry like this.
  11. GMBurns

GMBurns Second Unit

Glenn
    Levy-Gardner has been very consistent with their one beloved property, so I feel confident they will see their half-season releases through to completion. I have been ordering the full season releases just because the series has become a favorite and I want it sooner rather than later.

This fifth and final season marks a turning point for me. It’s the last series I’ve been buying that I knew was going to have more releases. After I purchase season 5 of the Rifleman I will transition to enjoying all the tv shows I have purchased and enjoying the occasional surprise. It has been a fun ride, and I have most everything I could ask for. But I will keep my fingers crossed that Shout releases a few more seasons of Death Valley Days. I will wait for the day **** freezes over and Warner begins releasing pristine, uncut episodes of the five detective shows. And maybe VEI will license another wave of classic shows from CBS or Universal. The landscape for classic tv on dvd seems to have dimmed considerably, but it sure has been a blast, and half the fun has been the speculating, celebrating and commiserating here on this forum.

Flashgear, Darby67 and Carabimero like this.
  12. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've been watching the series on Amazon Prime, I'd be all in for a reasonably priced Complete Series Package

13. dana martin

dana martin Producer

Dana Martin
    while I would be happy to get this set, I feel the same about another classic TV western, that I feel is not getting the release it deserves. Granted this is black and white, so was Twilight Zone, I would love to see this released in 1080p, as I would love to see all of the work done on Death Valley Day's get the HD treatment, with the restorations, the presentation should match the work that has gone into it.

Darby67 and Flashgear like this.
  14. Brother Theodore

Nick M.
    By any chance, did you ever get a response? I, too, have been buying the half-season sets. I'd be glad to pick up the final season as a complete set, but I hate to have to double dip on half of season 4.

Darby67 likes this.
  15. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    No, I did not. :(

16. Message #276 of 315 Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Carabimero

Carabimero Producer

Alan
    Look what was in my Christmas stocking this year!

DSC06576.JPG

Sometimes, no matter how bad I feel, there are maybe half-a-dozen pieces of music in this world that, when I hear them, I feel at least 50% better. The "Father & Son" theme from The Rifleman is one of those precious tunes. :)

17. Likecats

Likecats Stunt Coordinator

William
    Just saw on Amazon a listing for The Rifleman season 4 vol 2. But it did not have a release date on it. I wonder when it will be released?

Darby67, Flashgear and BobO'Link like this.
  18. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    The one I found on Amazon is being sold by "The Rifleman - North Fork General Merchandise" LGL Licensing LLC, which is the official distributor for the series. It's currently $12.98 + $3.00 shipping for a new copy. Quite reasonable! That's less than I paid for S4V1 from WM. They also offer it directly from their own online store for the same price and shipping fee:

https://www.therifleman.net/index.php/dvd-value-edn-s4-v2.html

Woo Hoo! My copy has been ordered! :)

19. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    My S4V2 set arrived yesterday! They used a bubble mailer but all is OK. No damage to either case or discs. :)

I hope they don't wait too long on the S5 V1 & V2 releases - assuming they finish the series in the volume sets.

20. Brother Theodore

Nick M.
    I guess I waited too long. This isn't currently available direct or via Amazon. I e-mailed the Rifleman website but have not received a response. I hope it becomes available again.

Flashgear likes this.