What's new

The Riches - FX Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You can't stretch the image, because it isn't an amamorphic one that is distorted and then restored to normal by stretching. But any widescreen television should be able to zoom a letterboxed image to fill the screen. That's exactly what those of us with widescreen displays did with letterboxed laser discs and some early DVDs back in the pre-HD days. Check your remote and the manual, there should be a setting that will do it.

Regards,

Joe

* Just checked their website, and it doesn't appear that there is an HD version of FX yet. Which is a shame, since the shows are obviously shot for HD. (The next Rescue Me set is being released on hi-def DVD, 50BG Blu Ray to be exact.)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Not true, my Westinghouse 37" monitor has a stretch mode but no zoom. Luckily, my TV card has a zoom option, but the monitor itself doesn't.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Now that is odd because I have two Westinghouse LCDs, a 27" and a 32", and both offer 4:3, "Fill" (stretch), and "Zoom" modes. My JVC RP LCoS does zoom as well, and my old Toshiba SD CRT-based 16:9 RPTV had three different zoom modes. I wonder if your 37" set is newer or older than my pair - which I bought in October 2005.

Regards,

Joe

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Its from June 2006, the LVM-37W3. That's the one thing I dislike about the monitor, other than that though its great.

To get back on topic though, I'm loving this show. :D

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Tonight's episode isn't over yet, but I had to say that the scene of her first day as a dental hygienist was hilarious.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Horrible, unlikable show about horrible, unlikeable people. Totally offended me, and I don't offend easily.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Did you only watch the most recent episode, or have you seen others? The most recent one wasn't all that great.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Wow! Nothing like a snap decision followed by a horrible, unlikeable post.

Loved the FBI busting in on the meeting. I'm an episode behind, but were the trailer park thespians in on that part? Or was that a sub-scam?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I wasn't really sure if the trailer park people were in on that part. I assume they still got their money anyway, but didn't know about the FBI part, because if it was me, I'd rather surprise them and get a real reaction. I liked this episode much better than the previous. (Hopefully tonight's will be good as well). The one I didn't like at all was the one where they went back for Dahlia's father's death, and were going to have the wedding. Its much more interesting to me when they're conning people.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

I'm a week behind on this show, too (although hoping to catch up in the next night or two). But I don't think the trailer park people were in on it. First, we know that the Riches didn't trust their acting ability so that would have been one more chance for them to blow the cover. Second, this is a very good way for them to keep their mouths shut; don't think they'll be talking about seeing an FBI agent get shot if they don't have to.

On a more general note, I am quite enjoying this show still. There were a couple slow episodes in there but I like the general feel of it.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching season 1 of this- highly recommended if you like quirky, non-formula stuff.

Not sure what people found offensive about it.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm not sure what is really offensive here, especially compared to the bulk of tv shows/movies out today....
Anyway, something to look forward to, the new season is out on March 18th - has anyone else seen the Pinocchio-like promos FX has been airing? Whaddidya think ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks