What's new

Directors The Reverse-Abstain Tournament (1 Viewer)

Arman

Screenwriter
I nominated The Brown Bunny :D but I've seen and love great Truffaut homages to Hitchcock, The Bride Wore Black. [why not disqualify nominated films if seen even by a single voter here ;)]. If I can abstain, ABSTAIN, else weirdly, my vote goes to The Brown Bunny. [don't like Truffaut? Crazy! :D]

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Bride...11
Bunny...0

Congratulations, France

Round One, Bracket Four:

City Girl (aka Our Daily Bread)

vs

Eegah

There was a time when I eagerly anticipated bad movies like Eegah!, but a few too many of them at Boston's SF marathon has killed that for me unless the cast includes someone who did well later in their career and would like to put this behind them, or there's impressive nudity. Neither looks to be the case here. On the other hand, City Girl/Our Daily Bread is F.W. Murnau.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
City Girl

I have to agree Jason. Another easy one—it is hard to pass up a Murnau that I’ve not seen.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
City Girl...7
Eegah...3

Congratulations, Mr. Murnau

Round One, Bracket Five:

Emperor of the North Pole

vs

Eyes Without A Face

Eyes Without A Face actually had a theatrical run nearby last year, but I forget what I was doing that week. As much as Ernest Borgnine vs. Hobos appeals to me on a B-movie level, I think I'll go with the Eurohorror.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, Both of my picks facing off. Want to see both obviously but I've been looking for Emperor of the North Pole a bit longer.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
True Confessions: I typed Eyes Without A Face without even looking at Emperor, but my conscience got the better of me so I clicked. Lo and behold this movie has Sid Haig.

Gotta go with Sid - Emperor of the North Pole

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks