What's new

The Rerun Show, disgusting. (1 Viewer)

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Well, I was looking foward to this show based on the previews, but now I don't think I am even going to give the second half of the first episode a chance.

This contains spoilers so you are now forwarned.

There were a few funny moments when they were rerunning Diffrent Strokes.

I particularly enjoyed how they played off of "Arnold's" small stature with the props and stuff.

That is about all I found funny.

Mr. Drummond was depicted as a pedophile in at least 3 instances.

Mrs. Garrett was depicted doing sexual um...actions to a roll of dough.

There were also parts when Arnold's older girlfriend when hitting on Willis, was way beyond what I would allow children to see, especially if they liked the original show.

In otherwords, instead of making a new twist on some classic TV they seem to go for the isntant tasteless, and I do mean tastless humor. People say that Austin Powers is tasteless, well, compared to the Rerun Show, Austin powers would taste like a Filet Minion as the Rerun Show would taste like week old dried up ground chuck.

Thoughts, anyone else see it?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I think the show had some good moments. I didn't really mind the adult humor as the time-slot doesn't really scream, "Watch me kids!" However, I did feel that the Dana Plato humor crossed the line into bad taste, considering what happened to her. I also found the Partridge Family segment woefully unfunny for the most part. A missed opportunity.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I watched thought it was really kinda dumb, very few funny parts. But the references to dana plato was funny, who cares? she died! Oh well, get over it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea what this show is. Can someone please explain the premise?
I believe they re-enact episodes of older sitcoms, using the same dialogue, but in a way that makes fun of it.

I didn't watch only because I haven't seen or wouldn't remember those episodes, so I figured I wouldn't get the jokes.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Same here, I read about this show, but have never watched the original shows, so I wasn't interested in watching it. It looks like I didn't miss much. :)
/Mike

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure What's Happening is in the mix somewhere

I'll watch the Married with Children ep

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
This show will be off the air very quickly. It's an utter failure.

Interesting but risky idea that doesn't have the writing to make it pay off.

Yes, they follow the original script (cut it shorter though), but actions, behaviors, faces, etc are altered to make things look "funny". There were some decent gags where props were huge next to Arnold yet small next to everyone else, but that wasn't great and it probably represents the top of the heap of the "jokes".

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I thought the show was a pathetic attempt at getting laughs. The Partridge Family bit was horrific. I never watched that show, but I doubt they had that much incest on that show. Ironically, though, I just caught the episode of Diff'rent Strokes that they "parodied" last week on TNN.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I taped this on TIVO, and I finally got around to watching it last night. It was awful, but it wasn't as bad as NBC's last comedy show (being last summer's awful The Downer Channel which is one of the worst shows in television history).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks