The Replacements...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Dec 27, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Jul 8, 1999
    I love this movie. It is one of the few movies that I can watch over and over. It is constantly on HBO. Everytime is on. I can't help but keep watching it. I don't know why, but it must be the characters, the jokes or a mix of everything.
  2. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Jul 16, 1999
    Well, I know why I like it. That very easy on the eyes cheerleader. [​IMG] Now what was her name again? Shows how much attention I was paying!
    Seriously, though, I do like this movie. Not quite up to the level of the first Major League as far as sports comedies go, but still very enjoyable. Surprising, since I absolutely detest Keanu Reeves. This and The Matrix are the only two movies of his that I like off the top of my head. Did anyone ever see the Kenneth Branagh version of Much Ado About Nothing ? Keanu Reeves was in that, too. Ugh, Keanu Reeves doing Shakespeare![​IMG]
  3. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Feb 28, 1998
    This movie was a total cookie cutter flick that was 100% predictable in virtualy every single aspect and not missing a single cliche or streotype.
    Yet strangly and for unexplainable reasons I did enjoy the film regardless. [​IMG]
    Oh well, I'll take the Joe Bobb Briggs stance. "I don't have bad taste in film, I just happen to have a sophisticated appreciation for trash" [​IMG]
  4. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

May 15, 2000
    I consider Replacements an extremely enjoyable sports comedy. It's been on heavy rotation in my house since my roommate picked it up. Many great quotes and characters in this film. The football is pretty good too, not much editing magic to make it look good. The cast all look like players also, especially Reeves; he comes off as an excellent QB. Where to start, really.

"He ain't our problem anymore. We fixin' to play football." "Football?" "Foot-Ball" (dancing)

"Look, Bunt Cake!" (preceded by "Way I heard it, my man didn't even *DO* nuthin'")

"You know how to tell the winners from the losers?"

"The score."

"Get a job you wankers!" (yelled to the striking pro players by one of the Replacements)

The entire lunchroom scene really, its one long funny quote.

And my favorite.

"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars. Glory, lasts forever."

Chalk it up for me as a definite feel good flick; anytime I don't feel good Replacements can fix it. God I love movies.