The Replacements back together again

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lucia Duran, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

The replacements have recorded two new songs for a best of album that is going to be released in June!

Good news as they are a favorite band of mine.

2. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

you sir have good taste

however I have little interest in another best of since all their studio albums are best ofs

All For Nothing was great because of the bounty of unreleased material and video
    plus even if the remaining members are recording together it's not like it hasn't happened before on any of Paul's solo work previously

I know a Mats boxset is in the works which should hold many more jems (including video)

3. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

love the band, but this news doesn't really thrill me. some things are just better left alone.

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'm happy about this news not so much because I need or want a "best of" but because the massive amount of press coverage this news got ensures that Rhino's plans to reissue the entire 'Mats catalogue (remastered and expanded) will indeed happen next year.

Rhino hasn't said much about their plans, but from some of the articles mentioning that Paul and Tommy were reviewing video footage, it rather sounds to me like Rhino may be doing another set like the Talking Heads "Brick". That would be nice. Overdue beyond belief. But nice.

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob
    The first four - Sorry Ma through Let It Be - are happening tomorrow. Anybody buying?

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Yeah, I preordered Let It Be, and plan to pick up Hootenanny in person when I can -- probably later today in fact. Update: I walked down to the store, and they only had 1 copy of each of the new remasters, and they were priced too high. I'll stick with Amazon.

What I am really looking forward to is Tim but that's not 'til the next batch.

Indie stores are offering a free promo 7" vinyl single with the purchase of these remasters. I don't care about vinyl myself, but the local store was advertising that they had them.

All in all, these remasters are so late, so many years in the making, that I'd have been happier if they'd come out five years ago when I liked this kind of music more.

7. Jamey K

Jamey K Agent

Jamey Karr

Yes, I'll take The Replacements all cleaned up by Rhino. As much as I love those records, "Don't Tell A Soul" is still my favorites of all time.