What's new

The Replacement Killers Extended Cut (1 Viewer)

John-M

Stunt Coordinator
itle: The Replacement Killers
Starring: Mira Sorvino
Released: 25th April 2006
SRP: $19.94

Further Details:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has also announced a new extended cut of The Replacement Killers which stars Mira Sorvino, Chow Yun Fat and Jurgen Prochnow. This Antoine Fuqua directed film will be available to own from the 25th April, and should set you back around $19.94. The film itself has been digitally remastered for the best possible quality picture and sound, and has an additional eleven minutes of footage. The full spec list has yet to be revealed, although we can confirm the addition of all the features on the previous release (featurettes etc). We've attached a small shot of the official package art below:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...t-killers.html

I haven't picked the special edition but am having a hard time deciding between the special edition and the extended edition, if you were deciding between the special and the extended, which would you pick or would you pick up both?

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
Sony's really pushing it. I bought the "A Knight's Tale" extended cut because I always wanted to see Chaucer's stocks speech put back in, but I'm not biting on "The Patriot" Extended Cut or any of their other double dips.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Once again, the question of director involvement pops into my mind. Has the extended edition been supervised by Antoine Fuqua, or is this just something thrown together by someone else and a sort of 'Alan Smithee' situation. Knowing Sony, I think I know the answer.

Anyway, I like this movie, but I'm not giving into their ridiculous double-, triple-, and quadruple-dipping when they insist on sitting on so many Hammer films.

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Based on Fuqua's commentary from the last version, it really sounded as if those cuts were made by the studio. If I had to guess (which, I suppose, we'll all have to do by 4/25) I would say that the extended version is closer to a director's cut than the theatrical version.

The one I'm worried about is CON AIR. Anyone have any info on Simon West's preferences?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks