What's new

The recent events motivated me to purchase The Siege - DTS (1 Viewer)

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy had TONS of these for sale tonight...a display on an entire shelf in fact...I know this film is eerily realistic now, but this felt like taking advantage of a horrible incident to make a display of it.
Mine too (It took up the entire shelf, but it was not a seperate display. It was arranged in the right place, alphabetically). I think this was a result of a recent shipment of these at the new/lower price point. In the weeks prior to this, I was unable to find the Siege or Predator DTS.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad the IMDB responded so quickly and that they took off that response. I watched my new copy of the Siege last night. The recent events are by far more shocking but you can't help but ponder the results in the film. Though on a happy note the transfer and DTS track were top notch.
Alex
------------------
My DVD Collection

Craig Crane

Stunt Coordinator
In quoting True Lies, the Seige and the Peacemaker I was not suggesting they were racist, I just said that at this moment in time they (to me) are un-watchable.
In fact, the racist part of my post was actually a quote from someone else. All i did was offer 3 movies that I personally feel (in my opinion)would be in poor taste to either watch, enjoy, purchase or rent.
------------------
Link Removed

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Siege is an excellent movie. So excellent that I bought the first non-anamorphic release on the first day of release and later purchased the anamorphic release too. It’s such an intelligent movie with a lot of thoughtful humanitarian anti-racist messages. I was shocked at the release of this movie, how people found it racist or unrealistic. It’s very very unfortunate that only now people get interested in this movie.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
Executive Decision is another film you can add to the list alongside 'The Peacemaker' etc etc. In this film, an American plane is hijacked and flown towards Washington loaded with gas that the terrorists intended to detonate in the skies above the city. Not too far off reality after this week I would think.
Paul.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad you brough that up Paul. Some of the reports we've been hearing during the week reminded me of that film. In particular, one of the flight attendants on the planes giving the seat number(s) of the hijacker(s).
------------------
"We shall never surrender"
Winston Churchill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks