1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Really Dumb Drivers Thread (Rant)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Catherall, Oct 22, 2001.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Billy
    I really like it when your driving down the road and some dummy pulls out in front of you so you have to slam on your brakes to avoid rear-ending this idiot. Thats when I look in the rearview mirror and see no traffic whatsoever. Dum Dum couldn't wait 3 more seconds until I drove by.
    I believe it was in 1986 when the laws changed in this province and one could hire a lawyer and pay based on a percentage of the "winnings". Lawsuit cases soared. A win-win situation for the common person, especially the ones that want to get rear ended. An easy way to net 10 or 20 grand.
    A few months ago I saw a potentially very serious accident. Sitting on my porch I watched a public transit bus stop at a crosswalk on my road. A typical residential road. I saw a truck pull up behind the bus and watched him inch his way closer to the bus...getting ready to pass it as it sat there parked. I knew exactley what he was thinking...he couldn't see the sign for the crosswalk because of this big bus and that someone was getting on the bus(or off) so it would be safe to pass it. Just as he started moving a 7 or 8 year old girl appeared in front of the bus on the crosswalk and buddy immediatley braked. he wasn't going fast(yet) so all was good.
    Of course the little girl had no idea how close her time could have come. And I would have witnessed it. *shiver*
    ------------------
    you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Well, I can finally elaborate on my experiences.
    I really, really hate people who go down the wrong way on a one way street.
    - And when they run into you, they think it's your fault. For example, in the Tates Creek Shopping Center in Lexington, Kentucky, there are clearly marked signs that tell you not to go down the one-street. I had pulled to go up into the correct way when a white pickup nearly slams into me. Motherfu**er proceeds to start yelling at me like I was the one who did the wrong thing. Same story with any Wal-Mart.
    People who come to a dead stop on the end of an exit lane onto an interstate highway.
    - This is why the elderly should no be able to drive. What kind of dumbass would come to a complete stop before merging onto an interstate highway?
    People that don't know how to work stop signs.
    - Self explanatory. Fayette Mall is a very good example.
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
    "Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
    "It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
    My DVD Collection

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

4. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

5. Duane_T

Duane_T Stunt Coordinator

Rob_J is right - come to Saskatoon. It definitely has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. I have come to the conclusion that farmers just can't figure out pavement, street lights, merges, .... and more.