What's new

The Really Dumb Drivers Thread (Rant) (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I really like it when your driving down the road and some dummy pulls out in front of you so you have to slam on your brakes to avoid rear-ending this idiot. Thats when I look in the rearview mirror and see no traffic whatsoever. Dum Dum couldn't wait 3 more seconds until I drove by.
I believe it was in 1986 when the laws changed in this province and one could hire a lawyer and pay based on a percentage of the "winnings". Lawsuit cases soared. A win-win situation for the common person, especially the ones that want to get rear ended. An easy way to net 10 or 20 grand.
A few months ago I saw a potentially very serious accident. Sitting on my porch I watched a public transit bus stop at a crosswalk on my road. A typical residential road. I saw a truck pull up behind the bus and watched him inch his way closer to the bus...getting ready to pass it as it sat there parked. I knew exactley what he was thinking...he couldn't see the sign for the crosswalk because of this big bus and that someone was getting on the bus(or off) so it would be safe to pass it. Just as he started moving a 7 or 8 year old girl appeared in front of the bus on the crosswalk and buddy immediatley braked. he wasn't going fast(yet) so all was good.
Of course the little girl had no idea how close her time could have come. And I would have witnessed it. *shiver*
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can finally elaborate on my experiences.
I really, really hate people who go down the wrong way on a one way street.
- And when they run into you, they think it's your fault. For example, in the Tates Creek Shopping Center in Lexington, Kentucky, there are clearly marked signs that tell you not to go down the one-street. I had pulled to go up into the correct way when a white pickup nearly slams into me. Motherfu**er proceeds to start yelling at me like I was the one who did the wrong thing. Same story with any Wal-Mart.
People who come to a dead stop on the end of an exit lane onto an interstate highway.
- This is why the elderly should no be able to drive. What kind of dumbass would come to a complete stop before merging onto an interstate highway?
People that don't know how to work stop signs.
- Self explanatory. Fayette Mall is a very good example.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
At this same intersection, there are signs on the two cross streets that say there's no left turn during rush hours (7-9am, 4-6pm) yet there are dozens of drivers each day who are obviously illiterate.

The road I drive to work is even worse: it's a 5-lane street, 2 lanes each direction, the middle lane is the turn lane. However, between 7-9 am and 4-6 pm weekdays it's a regular lane, but switches direction, estbound in the morning, eastbound in the evening, and NO TURNING is allowed. There are signs everywhere.
Yet, some people have to turn. Some just don't know, but a lot of them seem to just not care. They hold up the traffic, and if they come from the opposite direction, they are a huge danger since they're driving in the oncoming traffic lane. I see accidents there almost every day. This is of course why it's called the suicide lane...
/Mike

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
A typical residential road. I saw a truck pull up behind the bus and watched him inch his way closer to the bus...getting ready to pass it as it sat there parked.
I saw a similar thing, only worse. When I was a freshman in high school I rode public transit to and from school as the buses were much nicer than the crappy school buses. Anyway, we had just dropped a girl off at her stop. This was a 25mpg residential street, one lane in each direction, with parked cars on both sides of the road. Your typical neighborhood. As the girl prepared to cross the street behind the bus, a pickup came flying over the hill in front of us at probably 60mph. She stepped out from behind the bus just as he passed us (the bus was still parked), locked his brakes up and nailed her at a good 40mph. We heard the impact, heard her books and bags land... We were pretty sure she was dead.
They both lucked out. She took a step back just before he hit her, and his large side mirror nailed her in the shoulder. Threw her to the ground and broke plenty of bones in her arm, but the injuries weren't life threatening. I have no idea what happened to that guy, but I hope they threw him in jail for a good long time. More likely, they gave him a fine and let him go...
frown.gif

------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
Rob_J is right - come to Saskatoon. It definitely has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. I have come to the conclusion that farmers just can't figure out pavement, street lights, merges, .... and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks