What's new

The Real Ghostbusters: When Can We Call Them to Get On DVD? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
26 discs! Wow. I'm glad this is coming out, but I do wonder what the price on this massive set will be.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
26 discs seemed a lot at first but this is fairly identical to their Get Smart set. Smart had 138 episodes on 25 discs, while RGB has 140 episodes. I wonder if pricing will be the same? Smart sells for $199 now, though it may have come down since release I'm not sure.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The show doesn't really have 140 episodes. The episode guides are listing the number of stories, and some episodes had more than 1 story per episodes. While I love the episode guide sites, this is something that happens all the time because of the way they list cartoons. Unfortunately it'll likely result in outrage when the set is officially announced with fewer than 140 episodes.

Here's an example:
118. 5-19 16 Dec 89? Revenge of the Ghostmaster (15 min)
119. 5-20 16 Dec 89? Loose Screws (15 min)

Gord

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I forgot about that, I think only "Slimer!.." did the dual episode format though, and it may have only been 4-5 episodes of that so 140 isn't too far off.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Will these DVDs be available in Canada?

Will time life canada automatically make the set available like they did for GET Smart. If so, would anyone know if the release date be the same aswell?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This better be in Canada because I definitely want it! I loved the cartoon growing up and am ecstatic that the entire series including 'Slimer!' will be released. I'm all over this one.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Any updates yet on whether or not this will be readily available to Canada, yet?

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
^^^The only confirmation I've seen is from this Ghostbusters website:

Proton Charging - The #1 Ghostbusters News source for more than a decade - Ghostbusters Video Game, Blu-Ray, Real Ghostbusters DVD, comics, books, toys, and more!

The website however, doesn't cite a source.

I also emailed Gord Lacey of TVSHOWSONDVD.COM and his response to my question was "Yes, it should but it's not up for ordering yet"

I'm hoping it's true cuz.. I mean, if Timelife.ca is offering "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" complete series you would think they would release a franchise series like Real Ghostbusters.

David M.

Agent
I e-mailed Time Life Canada at the end of July if they would sell the set in Canada. This is the e-mail I got back from them.

The video collection 'The Real Ghostbusters' will be available on the Canadian website for preorder within the next two weeks. Unfortunately we do not have an exact date at this point.

Thank you for contacting Time Life.

Sincerely,

Time Life Customer Service

David M.

Agent
Thanks Andrew Radke for letting us know the set is up on the Canadian site.

*Runs to the website to order a copy.*

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I've been friends with Chris for a number of years now - great guy, and big Ghostbusters Fan.

Gord

Pamchops

Auditioning
Real Name
Pam

Has anyone tried the promotional code on the Time Life Canada site? Everytime I try to enter it, it says "The promotion code you have entered is invalid. Please verify the code and try again." Has anyone else had this problem? I really want to preorder it and get the 10% off.

Thanks,
-Pam

David M.

Agent
The first 5-10 times I tried the code, it didn't work. Even the 10% off code I got just for signing up didn't work. I thought the browser I was using could've been the problem but Firefox and IE still came up with the error. The order finally took the Ghostbusters promotional code but this was after switching back and forth between the codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks