1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

The "real" beautiful mind

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth Paxton, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

This Sunday on the PBS show "American Experience" they will be doing the John Nash story. The episode is called "A Brilliant Madness" and is set to air at 9pm in Indy (central time). You should check your local PBS listings for the show which runs 1 hour.

It will cover his illegitimate child and how he left the girl and went to Europe, his later divorce, his refusal to take a position at U of Chicago because he was going to be Emperor of Antartica, etc. Also covered in more detail is his game theory and how he was able to turn his life around despite the even more awful life he really led.

Should make for a good viewing for anyone who hasn't read Nasar's book yet (which includes me).

2. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I don't know a whole lot about Nash and his life, and due to my location I won't be able to watch it. But I would still like to hear some members thoughts on the show and some things that we might not know.

Cheers.