The Rat Patrol

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Anderson, May 29, 2002.

1. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I just got Desert Rats on DVD and am reminded of another TV series of a similar name, The Rat Patrol. I sure would love to have this series on DVD. Loved watching it when I was a kid. There are only two seasons. Season one has 32 episodes and season two has 26. Each episode was 60 min. It aired between September 1966 and September 1968.
    Starring:
    Christopher George
    Eric Braeden
    Lawrence P. Casey
    Justin Tarr
    Who owns this?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

It was produced by Mirisch-Rich Productions according to IMDB. Not sure if a studio holds video rights or not. IMO this would be a perfect show for someone like A&E to put out. I know I'd buy it. Combat! would be good too.

3. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

THE RAT PATROL was one of the few TV outings for United Artists, so it would reside at MGM.
    I have fond memories of this show, in that since there were too few episodes for stripping, the local TV station in my hometown would use it as filler for a hilarious allnight movie show on Saturday nights, if the films programmed would not take up all the space allocated until 6 am.

4. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

Actually just FYI ..Rat patrol episodes were only 30 min long...I have a bunch of them on tape