The Rarest Movie of All for Home Viewing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Nichols, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Phil Nichols

Phil Nichols Second Unit

Sep 7, 2000
    For my personal collection of movies I sometimes come across an old movie I want that is only available on VHS. I have a pretty decent home theater setup for viewing VHS about the best VHS can ever be, so I can usually tweak my system for any particular individual video to make it watchable.

With that said, where in the world can one buy a video copy of "Caravans", 1978, Anthony Quinn - based on James Michner's novel?

eBay recently had one copy that was up to over $50 a couple of days before the bidding ended and I never checked back to see the final price it went for.

I've searched a lot of Internet rare movie sources and found only one copy - which I bought - but it was so terrible that all my tweaking couldn't make it worth watching - it was a poorly made (maybe amateur) copy in LP mode, which I hate.

Blockbuster supposedly has one copy that is can be rented and they won't seel it, but I would like to buy a copy somewhere for my collection of "classics".

Have any of you ever heard of, or ran across, this movie?
  2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

May 16, 2001
    Patrick McCart
    London After Midnight.