What's new

International THE RAINMAKER (1997) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
It is baffling we have to buy excellent titles like The RAINMAKER from Japan to enjoy the movie on BluRay. Terrific story, great acting, Matt Damon and Clare Daines in early roles of their career with standout performances by Danny DeVito, Jon Voight and Mickey Rourke. Video and audio are excellent in English with Japanese subtitles. The subtitles can be turned off. BluRay was played on a Panasonic player set to region "A".

Rainmaker.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I got excited when I saw your thread heading but disappointed when I opened it. I thought it was going to be about the 1956 The Rainmaker with Lancaster and Hepburn. Now, that I'd love to see on blu but it's Paramount so it's not going to happen. :( You may want to add (1997) after your thread heading.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I got excited when I saw your thread heading but disappointed when I opened it. I thought it was going to be about the 1956 The Rainmaker with Lancaster and Hepburn. Now, that I'd love to see on blu but it's Paramount so it's not going to happen. :( You may want to add (1997) after your thread heading.
I enjoy both films. iTunes had the HD stream of the 1956 film for sale in October, 2018 for $4.99. It looked pretty good while sampling it today as I need to find time to watch the entire movie next week. I'll try to watch it one early morning in the coming days.

Also, the 1997 film was on sale at iTunes for $4.99 last month so I need to find time for a viewing of that HD stream too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw