What's new

The Questor Tapes (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve heard about this Gene Roddenberry pilot for a TV series that wasn’t picked up for years and finally ordered the DVD. I now understand why it wasn’t picked up.

Robert Foxworth’s portrayal of an android is quite trite. Walk a little stiffly and speak awkwardly and you got any one of several similar androids. The script doesn’t really flow, it just jumps from one place to another. There’s nothing for me to recommend.

I do see the seeds of Data (of ST:TNG fame) in Questor, but the charm and life of Brent Spiner’s Data is missing here.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I haven’t seen Questor for ages. I bought the disc recently and I plan to revisit it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s by no means wonderful, but after reading about it in both Shatner and Nimoy’s Trek books, I was glad to finally see it. I have the Universal MOD DVD-R.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have the same Universal Vault Series DVD, picked it up with the Planet Earth DVD too. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I haven’t seen Questor for ages. I bought the disc recently and I plan to revisit it.

It’s by no means wonderful, but after reading about it in both Shatner and Nimoy’s Trek books, I was glad to finally see it. I have the Universal MOD DVD-R.
It’s definitely not wonderful. It’s dull and it’s baaaad! IMHO, of course.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Its been years since I've seen it, but I remember liking it quite a lot (and I would watch it when ever it was re-shown)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog