What's new

The Purest Of All Drugs ....... Water. Plain & Simple. (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Someone e-mailed me this fascinating piece of information.

It's enough to drive you to drink ...........

.........more water. :D ......................

Subject: WATER/COKE ......

WATER:

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, & difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will alsoclean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

---------------------------------------------------

Whew! I guess I'm gonna be OK! Thank *goodness* I only drink Pepsi. :laugh:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I just thought.........

If Coca-Cola is supposedly so good at removing grease, wonder why it doesn't "soak up the grease" from all the fatty foods we eat when we wash 'em down with an icy-cold Cola??!! Seems like the natural "fat-absorb" product. If only it'd work that way. :)

Cheers......

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yah, these bogus claims about Coke have been around forever.

It will not disolve a nail in 4 days. It will not even disolve a piece of meat. Try it and see.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever cleaned blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola. If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I guess maybe this little tidbit here should have tipped me off to the exaggerated nature of the article's claims .......

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
Perhaps they then bottle the mixture as Cherry Coke. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
What is strange is that this same piece of "information" was posted here about a year ago. No, I am not going to run a search.

--
Holadem

Ron C

Stunt Coordinator
"Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers"

8-10 glasses of water? Thats sounds a bit excessive. I probably drink a glass of "pure" water a day. Don't most liquids(soda, coffee, etc) contain high amounts of water anyways?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
8-10 glasses of water? Thats sounds a bit excessive. I probably drink a glass of "pure" water a day. Don't most liquids(soda, coffee, etc) contain high amounts of water anyways?
No, that's actually the minimum you should drink.

Those alternatives you mentioned have lots of additives (sugar, caffiene) that your body has to get rid of by using more water. If you just drink plain water, your body gets the benefits without having to waste effort ridding the body of a bunch of other crap.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, that's actually the minimum you should drink.
There was a news item late last year about the "8 glasses of water" recommendation. Current understanding is that is incorrect information, from a misunderstanding and miscommunication of some research. The original report was that people should get the equivalent of 8 glasses of water, largely from the water mass of the food they eat.

We don't need to drink 8 glasses of water a day because we get a lot of water from the food we eat (soup, salad, fruits, pasta, etc.)

(Ah, here's a reprint of Reuters article on this
http://www.mgwater.com/valtin.shtml )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks