What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

THE PUPPETOON MOVIE VOLUME 2 BLU-RAY + DVD (1 Viewer)

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
BUY NOW!

ThePuppetoonMovieVol2_Now_Banner_Lrg.jpg

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
To all those people in love with pure movie-making craftsmanship grab this disc!
From British author Mike Hankin: "I have been researching and writing my history of the George Pal puppet film for more than twenty years. The difficulty of seeing the films was compounded by the condition in which I found them, often dupes of dupes or the horrible TV prints of the fabulous Puppetoons, with the titles replaced by plain red abominations, while you could hear that something interesting was being hidden. Then along came Arnold Leibovit, with a lifelong love of the films of George Pal, but in particular his puppet films from the 1930s and 1940s. He was not content of seeing these marvelous films rot in an archive, he wanted them to be seen in all of their Technicolor glory. By some miracle (and a lot of hard work) The Puppetoon Movie Volume 1 became available to buy. Who says one miracle is enough for one lifetime, but along comes The Puppetoon Movie Volume 2 with another bunch of films that haven't been seen for years, let alone in this incredibly restored condition. To all of the people involved in seeing these films brought back into the public eye, a huge thank you. I have fallen in love with the George Pal puppet films all over again. To all those people in love with pure craftsmanship in the movie-making process, grab this disc quickly with both hands (and chase down Volume 1 before it totally disappears)" ~ https://www.puppetoon.net

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
For 10 cents the very first Fawcett Comic (1945) featuring Captain Marvel who "Introduces the World's Most Famous Puppet Heroes!"

Attachments

• Comic-#1.jpg
    Comic-#1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 75

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
As a kid watching TV in the 1970s, I soon realized that George Pal was behind some of my favorite movies, including The Time Machine, War of the Worlds, When Worlds collide, etc. Even back then I was starting to get books on old movies, and one of them on Sci Fi of the 1950s mentioned that Pal started with Puppetoons. I saw some stills of these, but only just in the last few days finally dived into them—and they are a lot of fun! The first Puppetoon movie is available for digital purchase from amazon, and I got that day before yesterday. It's amazing the creativity that goes into these elaborate stop-motion animation productions. Not surprisingly in a few cases there are, as they say, "outdated cultural depictions," but overall a quite enjoyable animated movie with different stories. I just purchased volume 2 on blu-ray, which arrived yesterday, and the picture quality of the first short is incredible! I can see how George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Pixar, etc. were influenced by these. Anyway, as others have said these collections are recommended!

pal with creation.jpeg
pup2hdlargefinalone.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale