THE PROPOSITION on DVD in Australia

Discussion in 'DVD' started by eric tengren, Feb 12, 2006.

1. eric tengren

eric tengren Stunt Coordinator

The outback western THE PROPOSITION Is coming out on dvd in australia at the end of February. I don't usually make blind buys but this flick looks great.Anybody catch this one?

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

This film interests me greatly and I will be sure to see it in the cinema, but importing that Oz DVD is tempting, Eric!

3. eric tengren

eric tengren Stunt Coordinator

I watched the dvd yesterday and I must say this film is very good,the cinematography is excellent and some of the shots are straight out of DAYS OF HEAVEN,The scenes seem to occur mostly at dawn or dusk. The narrative is a bit APOCALYPSE NOW here and there,but with some great performances by John Hurt, Ray Winstone,and Emily Watson. Nick Cave from the bad seeds provides the script and the music and is a very effective soundtrack.The greatest asset to this film is the outback itself, arid and flyblown, the film seems to emanate heat.This OZ western makes me think what a real NED KELLY flick might be like in the right hands.The features are not so great just a 12 minute making of and trailer. all in all well worth it.