The Prophecy 1/2 German version (God's Army) Anamorphic?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I was wondering if they are anamorphic, unlike the US discs. The Prophecy (God's Army in Germany) also carries an alt opening.

Thanks!

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...Part 2 is 1.85:1 anamorph according to this e-tailer, runtime = 80 minutes...
    ACHTUNG!!!
    ...according to the Glasnost site, Part 1 is fullscreen and "es fehlt der englische Originalton" (...for the German-impaired: the English soundtrack is missing...) ... also, it is rated 18 which means that, as a rule, the 'uncut' version is not generally available from e-tailers...
    ...as so often, then, caveat emptor !...
    ...oh, and Part 3 is also available, and is anamorphic 1.85:1, like Part 2
    . . .

3. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

I have the french R2 version of part 1 which is 2:35:1 and anamorphic. It also has the english language track:
    http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=2276
    But there are forced french subtitles when the english language track is selected. Something to consider if you don't have a player which can remove forced subtitles!

4. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

I recently found out I can remove 'forced' subtitles by playing the disc, stopping it, going into the player's set-up menu and turn 'default subtitles on' and then turn 'default subtitles off'. Exit set-up and resume the film. The subtitles will remain off as long as the disc is not ejected from the player - no matter how many times the film is played, stopped, selected from the menu etc.
    Does this workaround work on most players? Or am I simply lucky?
    Edit:
    Keeping this thread on topic see the following link Prophecy Trilogy Collector's Set (UK)
    All three discs are Anamorphic Widescreen. I think the collection box is 'Exclusive' to the reseller MVC, but the titles can be bought individually from other UK based e-tailers:
    Prophecy DVD search at Blackstar

5. Jeff Kleist

Well, at least there are anamorphic versions available..
    I have always been curious to see the alternate opening [​IMG]
    As for Part 3, it was one of Buena Vista's first anamorphic titles, so I'm OK there except for the forced trailers (came out at the same timeas Sixth Sense)

6. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Sorry but the UK disc doesn't have the alternative ending. It has not extras what-so ever!

7. Jeff Kleist

Yeah, same as here. But at least it's anamorphic, AND it's stereo so I can use WinDVDs speedup compensation on it.

Only Germany has the alt opening and other diffs

A sepia-tinted opening sequence shows Thomas Dagget sitting in in a swing, talking to Lucifer;
    The sequence where the first angel falls to Earth is shorter;
    The exorcism sequence at the end is shorter and has no special effe