The Professionals('66) & Gattaca on Bd 10/17

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Paul_Scott, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=235

The Professionals is the first title announced that I'm very sorry I will not have access to on the 'other' format
    This is actually one of the biggies for me. Thankfully the dvds are already so well done and I can always watch them upconverted.

Hopefully Bd will be taking a little more care with these, but its still a shame they'll be hogtied to mpeg2.

2. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Actually, I would be interested in both of these films, but, as you said, BD track record to date takes a lot of sting out of their exclusivity.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Well, Sony has me by the you know what..... One of my all-time favorite westerns that I watched more than once during its theatrical run with my brother and childhood pals. This might be my next Sony BRD purchase even with the MPEG-2 issues.

Crawdaddy

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

I agree, Gattaca is one of my favorite sci-fi movies of the last 30 years.
    I bought the superbit but ended up selling it off as I just never felt the urge to watch it very often- but when I did, I enjoyed it greatly. Very underrated.

I may be a staunch HD DVD fanboy at the moment but I honestly hope that Sony knocks these out of the park. Especially if the format becomes dominant.