What's new

The Professionals('66) & Gattaca on Bd 10/17 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=235

The Professionals is the first title announced that I'm very sorry I will not have access to on the 'other' format
This is actually one of the biggies for me. Thankfully the dvds are already so well done and I can always watch them upconverted.

Hopefully Bd will be taking a little more care with these, but its still a shame they'll be hogtied to mpeg2.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I would be interested in both of these films, but, as you said, BD track record to date takes a lot of sting out of their exclusivity.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, Sony has me by the you know what..... One of my all-time favorite westerns that I watched more than once during its theatrical run with my brother and childhood pals. This might be my next Sony BRD purchase even with the MPEG-2 issues.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I agree, Gattaca is one of my favorite sci-fi movies of the last 30 years.
I bought the superbit but ended up selling it off as I just never felt the urge to watch it very often- but when I did, I enjoyed it greatly. Very underrated.

I may be a staunch HD DVD fanboy at the moment but I honestly hope that Sony knocks these out of the park. Especially if the format becomes dominant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks