What's new

Pre-Order The Producers (1968) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
815MdndjkmL._SX522_.jpg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I really need to pick this up. Definitely my favorite Mel Brooks film. Zero Mostel as the con man is an example of one of the best casting choices ever made for a part in film, in my opinion.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Which 4K print did Kino use as the one the UK released for the films 50th Anniversary looks awful. Here's the trailer for the UK 4K release and Shout Factory's release, you can easily see the difference in picture quality.

The UK 50th Anniversary is way too dark looking.

Shout Factory's looks bright and cheerful.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I’m getting Kino’s release. To me, and it’s my opinion before some people say anything, it looks brighter than Shout on the DVDBeaver posts.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Yeah, but Shout's doesn't have that socko-boff new commentary. :lol:

Kino doesn't have the then new Mel Brook's interview though. Who cares what a historian thinks about the film; if I want to listen to a commentary I want to be Mel's own voice. I'm surprised MGM didn't do that originally with the 2002 special edition DVD when most of the cast was still alive.

Last edited:

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Believe me, no one was more surprised than me. But my guess is that if Mel had wanted to do it, he would have done so back then; perhaps he felt that he'd already said all he wanted to in previous interviews. Kino assured me that he was fine with my doing it; I wouldn't have otherwise.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You’re accusing people you don’t know of engaging in fraudulent and illegal practices based on no evidence whatsoever. It’s disrespectful to the companies that create the products, it’s disrespectful to the people who run these enthusiast websites, and it’s disrespectful to scores of reviewers, the vast majority of whom spend their own hard earned money on equipment to view discs, donate their time to do so, and sometimes even pay for the review product out of their own pocket, solely because they are passionate about this hobby and wish to make a positive contribution to a community of other like minded enthusiasts.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
You’re accusing people you don’t know of engaging in fraudulent and illegal practices based on no evidence whatsoever. It’s disrespectful to the companies that create the products, it’s disrespectful to the people who run these enthusiast websites, and it’s disrespectful to scores of reviewers, the vast majority of whom spend their own hard earned money on equipment to view discs, donate their time to do so, and sometimes even pay for the review product out of their own pocket, solely because they are passionate about this hobby and wish to make a positive contribution to a community of other like minded enthusiasts.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks