What's new

The Princess Bride & The Usual Suspects Blu-Ray 2/13 (1 Viewer)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
DVDEmpire today added the posted Fox titles and The Princess Bride and The Usual Suspects for release on 2/13.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
The Usual Suspects is a title I really wanna own in HD. First one on Bluray except for Lord of War (Basic Instinct is released in Europe on HD-DVD)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
/smacks_forehead

I just got the SD-DVD of TPB. Oh, well. I'll give it to the kids. I can't wait to see it in HD.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well this is a little more like it. These are not movies that will make me jump into Blu-Ray if I cannot find a PS3. However will definately buy them if I got hardware under $700 that will play them.

MatS

Screenwriter
The Princess Bride is now dated 3/17/09 on Amazon

begin the quotes........

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Really? Because the two hits that 'Princess Bride' returned on Amazon indicated 'Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available'.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i saw that, but i guess your getting the date from the product detail.....

Product Details

* Actors: Andre the Giant, Betsy Brantley, Anne Dyson, Cary Elwes, Peter Falk
* Format: Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Dubbed, Subtitled, Widescreen
* Language: English
* Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
* Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
* Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
* Number of discs: 1
* Rating:
* Studio: MGM
* DVD Release Date: March 17, 2009
* Run Time: 98 minutes

I'm not sure i would trust that, couple of odd things in there.

MatS

Screenwriter
just passing on the info
Amazon did not have a date assigned to the listing until Friday
they may have received a hard date and no specs hence them not making any changes to the specs in the listing.

the date may or may not pan out but it seems more odd to me to assign a random date when none was listed at all

MatS

Screenwriter
The Digital Bits is showing the most recent (cool) cover art if indeed this is approved final product

MatS

Screenwriter
a member on another forum claims to have the press release.......

........... as always with these catalog releases price is out of wack with reality and the current day climate so I once again will not be purchasing on street and will wait for a substantial price drop

lastly the inclusion of the dvd copy on this release is both baffling and a waste

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member

I beg to differ. For me, at least, the addition of the DVD means that I have a better chance of my wife letting me purchase the BD. With it being a film that my son would enjoy, she's more likely to say okay to putting down money for a BD that also includes a DVD that my son can watch on the other televisions instead of just the HD set in the basement. I'm stuck with the DVD release of WALL-E for just that reason. I rented the BD from Netflix and wanted to cry because it was so lovely.

I also think it's a good way of getting folks who plan on buying a BD player, but don't have one yet, to buy the BD anyway. Future proofing, if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks