Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Title: The Predator (2018)

Tagline: The Hunt Has Evolved

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Shane Black

Cast: Boyd Holbrook, Trevante Rhodes, Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Munn, Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Augusto Aguilera, Jake Busey, Yvonne Strahovski, Brian A. Prince, Mike Dopud, Niall Matter, Javier Lacroix, Gabriel LaBelle, Nikolas Dukic, R. J. Fetherstonhaugh, Garry Chalk, Eduard Witzke, Lochlyn Munro, Rhys Williams, Malcolm Masters, Harrison MacDonald, Anousha Alamian, Patrick Sabongui, J. C. Williams, Sean Kohnke, Lars Grant, Byron Brisco, Fraser Corbett, Chad Bellamy, Peter Shinkoda, Aaron Craven, Duncan Fraser, Emy Aneke, Darryl Scheelar, Fraser Aitcheson, Jan Bos, Françoise Yip, Sage Brocklebank, Sean O. Roberts, Colin Corrigan, Bridget Hoffman, Caitlin McKenna-Wilkinson, David Michie, Michelle Ruff, Matthew Wolf, Lex Lang

Release: 2018-08-02

Plot: From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

The Shane Black directed R-rated reboot, titled The Predator, has posted its first cast photo:

predators_reboot_-_ig_-_h_2017.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So Shane Black, he's the actor who portrayed the soldier with the glasses, is now a director?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So Shane Black, he's the actor who portrayed the soldier with the glasses, is now a director?
Yes, he's been directing for a while now. Matter of fact, he wrote Lethal Weapon screenplay before he was in Predator. Also, wrote Lethal Weapon 2 and several other films. He first directing job was over ten years ago, a really good film, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not sure why it had to be pointed out that this re-boot is R-rated. I'm pretty sure the first one was too.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Not sure why it had to be pointed out that this re-boot is R-rated. I'm pretty sure the first one was too.

It is a fan thing. When they make sequels or a reboot of a film that had been rated R then if they don't make a big deal about the sequel or reboot being rated R there will be backlash from fans. This is why Ridley when discussing his Alien prequels always makes sure to point out that they will be a "hard R" although I think most of what is in Prometheus could pass for PG-13 with the exception of the "abortion" scene which is likely the only thing that is in it that could get them to an R. They probably could have made some trims to the abortion scene but because it is showing an "abortion" even though it is a giant alien squid...this is likely enough to have made that scene too much to get the theater owner preferred PG-13.

I am guessing the abortion scene is specifically in the film so they could get an R.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, is this a comedy version of Predator?

I did like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys a lot but not sure that I want to see this film. Although Black may make this a pretty humorous affair.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's not an abortion - it's a c-section of a viable creature. She specifically says she needs a c-section. The film was Rated R for gore - that the alien needed to be removed in and of itself was not cause for the rating, it was how it was shown onscreen. A PG-13 version of that scene was shot but discarded.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't go to IMDB enough, I didn't know Shane Black was an actor, let alone the guy in Predator. I really like a lot of his material. I'm in for this easily.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It is a fan thing. When they make sequels or a reboot of a film that had been rated R then if they don't make a big deal about the sequel or reboot being rated R there will be backlash from fans. This is why Ridley when discussing his Alien prequels always makes sure to point out that they will be a "hard R" although I think most of what is in Prometheus could pass for PG-13 with the exception of the "abortion" scene which is likely the only thing that is in it that could get them to an R. They probably could have made some trims to the abortion scene but because it is showing an "abortion" even though it is a giant alien squid...this is likely enough to have made that scene too much to get the theater owner preferred PG-13.

I am guessing the abortion scene is specifically in the film so they could get an R.
You are so obsessed with attacking Prometheus you can't keep your rants confined to a Prometheus thread. I'm going to go look for a thread on Mary Poppins, maybe I'll get some relief there...No wait, you'll probably just attack Guardians of the Galaxy in that one.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
You are so obsessed with attacking Prometheus you can't keep your rants confined to a Prometheus thread. I'm going to go look for a thread on Mary Poppins, maybe I'll get some relief there...No wait, you'll probably just attack Guardians of the Galaxy in that one.

Is there a Mary Poppins thread? I have nothing against Guardians of the Galaxy but I will go comment about Prometheus in it! :lol:

(I hope I was correct in thinking you were joking that what I said about why they would promote an R rating was a rant. I mean I made no negative comments in what I said so not sure how that could be taken as a rant.)

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It's not an abortion - it's a c-section of a viable creature. She specifically says she needs a c-section. The film was Rated R for gore - that the alien needed to be removed in and of itself was not cause for the rating, it was how it was shown onscreen. A PG-13 version of that scene was shot but discarded.

Really? So, you are saying she was not attempting to abort that pregnancy and kill the "squid" baby? Your take on it was she was attempting to birth through c-section and raise her squid? You did not find it comical that there was a scene where David, always the naughty boy, takes away her little crucifix before she goes to have her abortion?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks