What's new

The Practice 4/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I am amazed at the breakneck speed the old firm is being left behind to springboard the new show at Denny Crane's firm. Most of the new firm's cast was introduced in this episode, and the "corpse" isn't even buried yet, though it's pretty cold.

Though Alan Shore didn't get much screen time, all of his scenes were golden, but the new cast just has a strange dynamic that seems to overshadow Shore.

Looks like Lake Bell has jumped ship on "Miss Match" this Denny's law firm, so I guess we can put a fork in that show. The addition of Rebecca Demornay and Gina Gershon to the Crane lawfirm should be interesting, though I wasn't buying Demornay as a top-flight attorney from the onset.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I found Shatner's performance quite amusing. Quite a departure for him, but at the same time familiar. I'm glad to see him continue to do other things.

Also seeing the original Star Trek star working with Andrew Robinson of Deep Space Nine in that one scene was almost distracting! I'm sure it was a coincidence.

Agreed that they are wrapping this show up pretty fast.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'll give it til the end of the season but this new firm seems way over the top for me. Too much sex and too little law. And I like sex... :D

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Kinda felt rushed into the "new" show tonight. I actually stated to feel for the old remaining crew after tiring of them earlier this year. Don't know if it would have better to just end the old show gracefully and get a fresh start on the new one (although it does rope in an incumbant audience). Will give the new show a try, but "Crossing Jordan" is starting to look pretty good Sunday's at 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks