The Practice - 3/7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by chuck_b, Mar 8, 2004.

1. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

*** SPOILER ALERT **

I knew it....David E. Kelly stays to form and pulls "the defendant did" it in the final minutes of this excellent three parter. Odds were on the insane Betty White character or the lustful Priest, but again we are tricked at the end.

The dentist always looked a little out of it in each of the three episodes, with swollen eyes and a runny nose. An episode arc full of red herrings and Spader pulling out all stops to save his past. Bound to have an impact on his future cases since he betrayed so many to save a guilty man.

** Read that Bobby will make a guest appearance to help solve a crisis between the firms lawyers.

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

I missed this episode. It's too bad because I really wanted to see the conclusion, as it sounds like a decent episode.

And I like the idea of Bobby guest starring. Is there any reason why Lara Flyn Boyle's character is not appearing? I know Lara was let go because of her salary(along with others), but she's a DA, was there any explanation?

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

As soon as Shore mentions that the defendant went to his mother's house, and he admits to hiding out in the treehouse, I figured that was where the murder weapon was stashed.

Shore's face when confronted with the knowledge that he kept a guilty man out of jail (after all that spiel of 10,000 innocent people being sent to prison each year) was classic (Spader's still the man).

4. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure how the ratings are doing this year, but I love the show with Spader. I laugh out load on every episode.

5. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Agree...Spader is the antithesis of Bobby Donald. Although both would gamble for the rights of a defendant, Spader mocks the very system that employs him at every chance. This was clearly at play in this weeks episode, where he was willing to bare his own private mistakes as well as exposing others for the sole benefit of his "innocent" client.

Looking forward to an Alan Shore - Bobby Donald showdown at some point....

6. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Very disappointed in the ending. Three great hours ruined by the last 5 minutes. It seems Kelley only has two tricks up his sleeve anymore: (1) The defendant is found innocent but he really did it. (2) The defendant is found guilty, and the real killer is revealed. As Betty White's character said, "Boo. Booooo." [​IMG]
    Dylan McDermott was slated early on to make an encore appearance as Bobby Donnell, but I read recently that the show is doing so well in the ratings with Spader at the helm that the producers decided they didn't need him back.

However, I sure would like to see them do something to get some closure with the departed characters.