The Practice 3/21/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This episode seemed to be a breather episode.

The court case wasn't all that interesting (regardless of the chest beating from the writers on the erosion of the freedom of expression after 9/11).

The antics of Alan were humorous, just not LOL funny.

William Shatner's guest appearance wasn't all that interesting, even with the constant reference to his character in the 3rd person.

2. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Patrick,

I also found this episode to be a break from the pace over the last several weeks. The court case was lackluster and it does look like we are slowly being positioned for the next three shows with Shatner and it's outcome. Shatner was not at all what I expected and it did not come off that great. Had hoped for more...

Speaking of Shatner...it was really weird to see Alan looking at another lawyer like he was crazy.

3. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

I think that was the overall point with having Kirk on the show.

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I thought that Alan is supposed to be looking in the mirror.

That is the lawyer Shatner was portraying was who he will become, should he continue down his current path.

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Being very much concerned over what is going on in the US now, I loved the court case.
    "This whole country should be a free speech zone." [​IMG]

The Alan Shore parts were great too.
    "Alert! Wardrobe malfunction! Wardrobe malfucntion!" [​IMG]

6. James T

James T Screenwriter

I really liked the episode. Alan breaking into the office and changing the lettering on the door to read Alan Shore and Associates was classic.

I think that the Alan Shore show next season will be humour first, drama second. Shatner was great and it was great to see Alan Shore feel uneasy about another lawyer's court outbursts.

I didn't feel that way. I kinda felt that even though Alan was performed some unethical deeds, all he did was nothing compared to Danny Crane.