1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Practice (1976) from Warner Archive on 7/16/2019

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Lawrence, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 6 Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Dave Lawrence

Dave Lawrence Supporting Actor

Dave
    Every time I think WAC is done with pre-90s TV shows, they surprise me. I just saw on the WAC site that the complete Danny Thomas 70s sitcom The Practice will be released in July. I don't know if this 27-episode series was ever rerun, but I've never seen it, except for a YouTube posting of the opening credits. So I look forward to finally getting to watch this. As a fan of 70s TV, WAC is doing a great job this summer with releasing this as well as another 70s rarity, Bronk.

[​IMG]

Flashgear and RBailey like this.
  2. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

I was just the other day discussing which shows Warner had posted on their streaming channel but that they haven't released on DVD yet and this one came up. I recorded them on VHS off of there but I'll pick this up so I can dump the tapes. Other than the selected episodes of the detective shows, I think Cain's Hundred is the only other show they streamed that they haven't put out on DVD yet.

3. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Whoa--that's another rare one. Somebody's really cracking open the vaults! I think I saw this once during its run, but I think it aired opposite "Alice".

Dave Lawrence likes this.
  4. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

I never saw it originally but it aired in syndication weekdays during the early 80s in a package with several other short lived sitcoms, like It Takes Two and I'm not sure which others. Danny Thomas is always funny and Shelley Fabares is always beautiful.

Dave Lawrence likes this.
  5. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    Not really a fan of this show so I think I'll pass on this one. I did buy the DVD sets of Hank and The Jimmy Stewart Show and enjoy both of those.

6. Message #6 of 6 Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    sjbradford

sjbradford Stunt Coordinator

sjbradford
    I think that package also included “I’m a Big Girl Now” (also with Danny Thomas) and “It’s a Living”. Reruns of the latter were popular enough that they revived it a couple of years later for first-run syndication.