What's new

The Practice 11/02/03 (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The twist in tonight's epiusode didn't go overt the top at all. Although I still question the necessity of a twist in every episode, thsi was a nice change.

Also, unlike most wroongful conviction storylines they've done lately, the conviction in this one was somewhat plausible.

I do miss Rebecca, though. Whereas with Bobby and lindsey, they had pretty much doen what they coudl with the characters, with Rebecca they never really did anythign in the first place. Bobby and Lindsey leaving could have been her chance at the limelight.

She would have been good to have in this episode as she always seemed to care a lot more about racial identity than Eugene.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was shaking my head at all of the coincidences in this episode.

Using diplomatic immunity to get the double-murderer off (but shipped out of the country) was sort of lazy writing.

And then having the white supremacist (on trial) father a child with a black woman 20 years ago who winds up being the state's witness stretch credulity way past its limits for me.

The episode rates a "meh" for me.

Eugene and Jamie's break-up wasn't as painful, even with the issues raised and re-raised because they never seemed more than just sex-buddies.

Alan never fails to answer the smug bell, and he didn't disappoint this episode. How long will his infatuation with the Lisa Edelstein character last? Of course, old-time Ally McBeal viewers might remember that Lisa played a transsexual (pre-op, post-op, I forget) in her guest-stint with that show... :D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Of course, old-time Ally McBeal viewers might remember that Lisa played a transsexual (pre-op, post-op, I forget) in her guest-stint with that show...
Pre-op. I think re-using the (rather distinctive-looking) actress in a different role was a mistake as we've had so many characters cross over between the Practice and Ally McBeal that there's an assumption that if you seem the same person, it will be the same character. She even had the same hair-cut.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And that would have been really funny for Alan to find out if she did play the same character...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Patrick,
Thanks for the Lisa Edelstein name. Knew I recognized her, just didn't know where.
She was "Laurie"....Rob Lowe's working girlfriend on "West Wing."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks