What's new

The Practice 10/26/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Alan (James Spader) is single-handedly saving this show in terms of watchability. Gotta love the foreplay between Tara and Alan, like a game of "chicken", but where the benefits of "blinking first" has little downside.

Stephen and Jimmy's case is less interesting, but somewhat compelling.

Jamie is slowly becoming the Kim (from 24) on this show.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It’s not working for me at all. It looks like we’ve traded the lame Bobby/Lindsey soap opera for two others, Eugene/Jamie and Alan/skirt-of-the-moment. This is not progress.

There’s been precious little courtroom time this season. All the judges are new and the prosecutors don’t exist anymore. Kelly’s staple bashing of religious-types has long-since become laughingly predictable and unimaginative.

We’ve been watching this show religiously (no pun intended) since it first came out, but I think we’re about done with it. Judging by the response to this thread so far, I’m guessing I’m not the only one.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the first few shows of the season were getting the show back on track. But the last couple (and especially this one) makes me think that the series is in a death spiral.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yeah, the massive cast change on "The Practice" was a last-ditch effort that's not working too well (even though I like Spader in the role). The problems with this show go way beyond the cast.

In addition, "Boston Public" is tanking on Fridays, and CBS has put "Brotherhood of Poland NH" on hiatus. I don't expect any of David Kelley's shows to survive the season.

Kelley has been responsible for some damn good TV over the years, but his stuff these days feels tired & played out. He's lost the ability to surprise & engage us. I think he needs to take a few years off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks