What's new

The Practice 1/27 (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
anybody hear how much was awarded to the defense?
I wasn't paying attention for that second and missed it. :frowning:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
$125,000,000. Thsi episode, like many this season, seemed to come to a rather implausible conclusion.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I was aghast at the jury's verdict. Going on what was presented to them and the viewing audience, I don't think Eugene made even a halfway decent case to find for culpability for the brewer.

However, Ellenor's case raises a good question: is it better to be executed, having experienced some life sane and having made an impact on people, or better to stay alive yet remain insane?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Only watched this because it was inbetween Veritas & Miracles. I've seen an episode or two in the past.

As was I. Just reconfirmed for me that I was correct in not watching this show.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The Practice] seems to be getting increasingly improbable this season. The earlier episode when the guy was convicted of murder and Lindsey's client actually killed the guy is a good example. There was almost no evidence against him.

Also, that one where the woman was convicted of murder and they found out it was her housekeeper, then seemed to be confident they could never win on appeal. Based on what they had, I think a new trial would be ordered pretty quickly.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Michael Martin said: However, Ellenor's case raises a good question: is it better to be executed, having experienced some life sane and having made an impact on people, or better to stay alive yet remain insane?
I'm not sure if you're referring to the decision tree at the time of trial or the decision tree now. At this point, the decision tree is sane for a week or insane for an indeterminate period of time. The hope is that they can get her back on meds once the execution is delayed.

On another note, is there anybody who doesn't think Alfre Woodard is a great actress? The beginning scenes were functional, but once she started her descent, the woman gave me chills. I've liked her since Grand Canyon and also liked her in ST:FC.

And who knew the new lawyer was Kate Capshaw's (Ms. Spielberg) daughter.

I'm hoping the series can hold up through the end of a 7th season (I think that leaves this one and one more). Ratings on Monday night don't look good so far, though.

Don Black

Screenwriter
***SPOILER****

My guess is that they will win a stay but not be able to get her back on the meds and we will see her go crazy in her cell with somber music in the b/g. :D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm also think there won't be a way to get her back on her meds. Eleanor worded the documents so that there's no way to force them and she quite likely won't want them.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Mikah Cerucco
On another note, is there anybody who doesn't think Alfre Woodard is a great actress?
If you get the chance, try and catch the episode of Homicide: Life On The Street she guest starred on; in it she plays a caretaker for the elderly who may or may have been involved with numerous assisted suicides; fantastic performance in a fantastic episode.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode made last week's make much more sense. Essentially, a recognition the alcohol verdict was luck and they'd better settle. A Eleanor's case dealt with actual legal issues.

On the downside, where are Rebecca, Lindsay, Lucy and Helen? They're in the credits, but we've had two straight episodes where they're completely absent (theough Rebecca may have gotten a few seconds last week, I'm not sure.) Don't these people have contracts?

James T

Screenwriter
Have they lost yet? I watched this show since the beginning, but this season and a bit of last season, I haven't really cared. Besides appeals and other things that could interfere with the verdict, has the firm ever actually lost a case?

It would have been nice to see a show that didn't have invincible lawyers. If they did that, then at least have celebrity guest starts posing as themselves and taking on a OJ Simpson like case.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They've lost at least three times this season. In The Cradle Will Rock, Bad to Worse and Silent Parteners.

The latter was rather unbelievable as they lost a murder case when there appeared to be no real evidence against their client. In Bad to Worse, after losing, they seemed unoptomistic about the chance of winning an appeal that seemed almost like a gimme.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What's that? Someone's going to get an Emmy?

Seriously, though. The female inmate that went off her meds and all that (forget her name) was amazing. Definitely someone I'd see winning an Emmy.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Alfre's already won 3 Emmys, but she could always use another. She's never become a big star, but she's in a lot of stuff and is good in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks