What's new

The Practice 1/11/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While Eugene's passion was on display, the preachiness of the episode undercut its potency. I understand the misgivings of the use of force by the State to see that justice be done, and to protect the greater good, but the leanings were far too evident and unsubtle. I admire the attempt at showing the light of truth inward, but it was an uneven attempt.

I say, bring on Alan's hookers!

AlexanderS

Second Unit
If James Spader doesn't get an Emmy nomination next year Im going to kill someone. That hooker line was the best thing Ive heard in a long time.

"Ive won at least 3 cases this way"

Don Black

Screenwriter
I think the plot was completely viable. Bringing in the PATRIOT Act seemed a little over the edge in what was essentially a local abuse though. This from an ACLU-member (me) no less!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
As drama, this episode harkened back to the show's glory years. Absolutely gripping from start to finish.

However, the story falls apart upon reflection. In order to make his point, Kelley concocted an outrageous scenario, and then basically throws the whole thing away at the end. 6 months? WTF??

Seriously, if the type of abuse depicted was really happening in a hospital in front of doctors, nurses, and lawyers, don't you think the media would have been all over it? This story would have been upfront on every TV and in every paper in the country the first morning. The pressure on the Boston mayor's office would have been enormous. Heads would have rolled (including Walsh's).

No matter what you think about the current status of civil rights in this country (and we really can't go there), can anybody really argue that such an open incident would occur in a media vacuum?

Diallo B

Screenwriter

i have seen it happen more than once. all your points have some meat to them. but situations of this type still happen.

it was still one of the best if not the best episode of the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, if the lawyers were more savvy, a simple call to a local news station would have gotten the police to lighten up on their "interrogation", or raised even more attention if the police tried to strong-arm the news's access to the incident.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I was SCREAMING at the TV: "Call a damn news crew!" But it's the middle of the night, they're all shocked and appaled at what's going on, I can understand why they missed it.

Good episode; I just hope we see some reprecussions down the road. They seem to be moving to a 'one episode, one storyline' format; I prefer longer arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks