What's new

The Plot Against Harry (1971) on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Very happy to see that a favorite film of mine The Plot Against Harry (1971) will finally get a Blu-ray release. Discouraged by laughless test screenings, director Michael Roemer pulled the film from release. The film finally surfaced in 1989 and i still remember Siskel & Ebert's great review of it.

• Region A Blu-ray
  • Michael Roemer Q&A, moderated by filmmaker Azazel Jacobs at Film Forum, 2023
  • Michael Roemer and Robert M. Young in conversation, 2005
  • Michael Roemer audio interview with critic Nicolas Saada, Cannes Film Festival, 1990
  • New trailer by Zach Clark
  • 32-PAGE BOOKLET containing:
    • Photographs by David Godlis from 1989 New York Film Festival
    • Writing by Richard Brody (New Yorker), Georgia Brown (Village Voice), J. Hoberman (Premiere) and Stuart Klawans (Village Voice)
    • Michael Roemer's introduction to the published screenplay
  • English SDH subtitles
1717418629423.png

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have the Blu-ray and did an a/b comparison to the dvd and happy to report it’s a nice upgrade with better contrast and detail. Sound is improved too and some nice extras on it. Happy to see it get released again on disc.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Very happy to see that a favorite film of mine The Plot Against Harry (1971) will finally get a Blu-ray release. Discouraged by laughless test screenings, director Michael Roemer pulled the film from release. The film finally surfaced in 1989 and i still remember Siskel & Ebert's great review of it.

• Region A Blu-ray
  • Michael Roemer Q&A, moderated by filmmaker Azazel Jacobs at Film Forum, 2023
  • Michael Roemer and Robert M. Young in conversation, 2005
  • Michael Roemer audio interview with critic Nicolas Saada, Cannes Film Festival, 1990
  • New trailer by Zach Clark
  • 32-PAGE BOOKLET containing:
    • Photographs by David Godlis from 1989 New York Film Festival
    • Writing by Richard Brody (New Yorker), Georgia Brown (Village Voice), J. Hoberman (Premiere) and Stuart Klawans (Village Voice)
    • Michael Roemer's introduction to the published screenplay
  • English SDH subtitles
View attachment 223408

Thanks for posting about this Angelo, I had only recently heard of this film when it popped up on the Siskel and Ebert Best films of 1989 show I was watching on Youtube. It sounded like something that would have been an influence on the Coen Brothers, so I blind bought it. It has not yet arrived but when it does and I've watched it, I will give my thoughts on it.

I missed both of your posts about the Blu and it seems, other than you, nobody around these parts knows of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gencumd
Recent bookmarks