The Pink Panther Film Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
As one who wants a definitive Sellers-only Panther box set, I'm glad Kino is taking care of the Arkin/Wass/Benigni films for those who want them so I don't have to pay for a set that includes films I'll never watch.

Note: I've seen the Arkin and Wass films once. That was enough. I saw the trailer for the Benigni film. That was more than enough. And I try to convince myself that the Steve Martin films never happened at all.

Really looking forward to this set. Hopefully there are no further delays.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
As one who wants a definitive Sellers-only Panther box set, I'm glad Kino is taking care of the Arkin/Wass/Benigni films for those who want them so I don't have to pay for a set that includes films I'll never watch.

Note: I've seen the Arkin and Wass films once. That was enough. I saw the trailer for the Benigni film. That was more than enough. And I try to convince myself that the Steve Martin films never happened at all.

Really looking forward to this set. Hopefully there are no further delays.
Although the Steve Martin films were superior to the Arkin/Wass/Benigni films. I own them all on DVD and have no desire to upgrade the post-Sellers series of films to BR. I'm fully content to have a Sellers only set on BR.

Reactions: Mark Walker

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
$52 on amazon right now. About the lowest it's been I think.

Link in op

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Personally, I only like the first two movies in this collection. There's nothing to top the original Pink Panther for that sixties kitsch and glamour. Fran Jeffries doing that wow-wow kitten-dance to Mancini's Meglio Strasera - superb. The interplay between Capucine, David Niven and Sellers - hilarious. And knock-out Claudia Cardinale. Magnificent. Love everything about it. The fact that A Shot in the Dark was launched almost by accident as a Clouseau is a classic case of a movie besting its original Broadway material. And yes - Elke Sommer is delicious...with or without her clothes on.

I have to admit, I just find the 70's revamp of the franchise campy and dull. Not a Cato fan at all. And Herbert Lom is too over the top to be appreciated as anything but an overstuffed ham. Sorry. And just thoughts. The clap-trap finale to the franchise, with Sellers outtakes, I could have easily done without too, although it was fun to see some of the other original cast members reassembled for this. Again, not raining on anyone's parade who feels the other movies are 'better than'. Just an opinion. Like everybody else, I'm entitled to one.

Reactions: usrunnr

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
So I am undecided if I want to get this soon. It's going out of print. I have the old 2004(!) set (cool package, but doesn't have Return, which I have a separate dvd of).

It's pricey. I know it will only get pricier if not back in print. Is it worth the upgrade at ~$80?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So I am undecided if I want to get this soon. It's going out of print. I have the old 2004(!) set (cool package, but doesn't have Return, which I have a separate dvd of).

It's pricey. I know it will only get pricier if not back in print. Is it worth the upgrade at ~$80?

Hard to say.

Looking at my Amazon receipt, I paid $55 for it.

If you want it, and you think it's out of print, then you really have no choice.

There is another. Digital. I also bought the entire set for $20 digitally. It does go on sale and drop to that price.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Hard to say.

Looking at my Amazon receipt, I paid $55 for it.

If you want it, and you think it's out of print, then you really have no choice.

There is another. Digital. I also bought the entire set for $20 digitally. It does go on sale and drop to that price.
Thanks for the info.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I wish these two Blake Edwards films were available on blu-ray: "That's Life" and "The Tamarind Seed".

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Some of the titles had disappointing transfers. Is there anything new on this set that is not on the previous set I own?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Some of the titles had disappointing transfers. Is there anything new on this set that is not on the previous set I own?
There is no new set - there's only the one blu-ray collection from Shout Factory.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xero Tolerance