What's new

The Pink Panther Film Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81lvJkt59AL-1._SX522_.jpg

The Pink Panther (1963), A Shot in the Dark (1964), The Return of the Pink Panther (1975), The Pink Panther Strikers Again (1976), Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978), Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I *just* watched a couple with my 13 year old grandson a few weeks back and was lamenting the poor PQ and wondering if the series would *ever* get a BR upgrade. Superb! Pre-ordered! :D

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Very excited for this. I know some people will be disappointed by what's missing (Inspector Clouseau w/ Alan Arkin, Curse of the Pink Panther, Son of the Pink Panther, the Steve Martin films), but not me. I also appreciate that the box clearly states "Starring Peter Sellers", so there is no doubt as to which films are included. These are the only live action Pink Panther films that matter, IMHO.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I suppose that an average $16+ per film is reasonable, but these are titles that date back to 1963. I will await a better price, but I really enjoy these films and will purchase the set in time, perhaps during the next Barnes and Noble 40% off Blu-ray sale. I could give a rat's ass about the cartoons (which I never found amusing), but commentaries would be nice.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I suppose that an average $16+ per film is reasonable, but these are titles that date back to 1963. I will await a better price, but I really enjoy these films and will purchase the set in time, perhaps during the next Barnes and Noble 40% off Blu-ray sale. I could give a rat's ass about the cartoons (which I never found amusing), but commentaries would be nice.

If you look at titles dating back to the 40s and 50s from the likes of Kino and Shout Factory, $17 is still a better price per title.

This price will definitely drop somewhat before release date, but I had no problem with the price tag as is. You can absolutely pay less if you wait.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Which will come eventually as the price currently listed on Amazon looks to be the MSRP.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I haven't seen most of these films since I was 12 (Pink Panther Strikes Again was a particular favourite)--I might just pick the set up for nostalgia's sake and bring it over to my dad's house and watch it with him (didn't most fathers and sons in the 80s watched the Pink Panther films together? ).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I haven't seen most of these films since I was 12 (Pink Panther Strikes Again was a particular favourite)--I might just pick the set up for nostalgia's sake and bring it over to my dad's house and watch it with him (didn't most fathers and sons in the 80s watched the Pink Panther films together? ).

My first Pink Panther film was "Return of the Pink Panther."

Saw it with my Mom and Dad, at the local movie theater at the age of 12. My Dad and I were howling in laughter. It was the moment I first discovered Peter Sellers and became a PP fan.

Of course, I thought Strikes Again was even better! I remember walking to the movie theater (about 2 miles) to catch it on opening day.

Funny, but I never liked the original 60s film. I think I watched "A Shot In The Dark" once on television and found it only mildly amusing. I guess once you start with the 70s films as a kid, you don't go backwards.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
While I like A Shot in the Dark, it's mostly for the lovely Elke Sommer rather than Sellers and it being a "Pink Panther" film. In similar fashion my favorite part of The Pink Panther is Claudia Cardinale. Like you younger guys, my favorites are Return..., ...Strikes Again, and Revenge, pretty much in that order. Don't get me wrong, as I very much like the first two films. It's just that I don't watch them as much as those last three with Sellers.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
You're not alone. Much as I loved the 70s Panthers as a kid it's Shot that holds up for me now. Sellers and George Sanders playing billiards--priceless.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
One thing about the Sellers Panther films I wish could happen is to see the original 124 minute cut Edwards made of "Strikes Again" that had all the material that was later used in "Trail". Except for the Harvey Korman scene at the costume shop which fell flat, the outtakes were funny IMO and would have strengthened "Strikes Again" more. This cut I know was never released theatrically but it would be better to see this material in the film it was intended for than to have to sit through the pasted mess misfire of "Trail" again. If Edwards hadn't been so hell-bent about wanting to restart the franchise with Wass he might have had the sense to release a long-cut of "Strikes Again" rather than create "Trail" as a launching pad for his failed approach with Wass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks