What's new

The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series - 11/4/14 (1 Viewer)

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Inspired by Mike Frezon, I sent FYE an e-mail Dec. 10 with my USPS tracking number showing that they received my return of Ardennes Fury on Dec. 1. They replied the next day that my return was received and checked in, that they had issued me a full refund, and that I should wait 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed. The refund was credited to my debit card/bank account this past Monday, the 15th.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I inspired someone!!! :biggrin:

=============

Seriously, congrats, Dan!

This one was a lesson for me to use PayPal when I suspect things might not go according to Hoyle. Glad I did. It expedited that part of the transaction (the actual refund).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have not cracked open the set yet as I have been watching other shows on dvd or have I been busy with work related issues!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I am so pleased that this classic series has made it out on DVD with all its episodes on one set. It was a great favourite with the British public. So is there a chance that the New Phil Silvers show could get a DVD release?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Ian K McLachlan said:
I am so pleased that this classic series has made it out on DVD with all its episodes on one set. It was a great favourite with the British public. So is there a chance that the New Phil Silvers show could get a DVD release?
That would be really nice , but it seems like a long shot . It might actually be more of a possibility in Britain where Silvers is better remembered

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I FINALLY got my refund from FYE. I went back and forth with them about sending me postage to ship the junk disk back to them for over a month. They kept delaying and delaying. They didn't issue the refund until I filed a claim with PayPal. I won't be doing business with them again.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
Has anybody mentioned that Bea Arthur turns up in the previously "lost" McGuire Sisters episode? This is certainly the earliest thing I have ever seen her in.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I saw last night that Shout! is releasing an individual S2, so apparently sales were good for the complete series. Maybe this bodes well for other stalled series.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron1973 said:
I saw last night that Shout! is releasing an individual S2, so apparently sales were good for the complete series. Maybe this bodes well for other stalled series.

I don't know if sales of the complete series have anything to do with releasing the single seasons or not.

I would guess that they already have the discs pressed and want to make their money back, so single seasons of shows released as complete series will get single releases no matter what.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There may be some who already had the first season and want to purchase only S2-4; this way Shout can sell to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks