What's new

The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series - 11/4/14 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I think all you guys are going to be fine with your amazon.ca orders.

Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
shoeshineboy said:
Oh yeh of little faith! Amazon.ca has never let me down yet - although rarely are the deals better than the .com site. I've got two copies in transit now, and eagerly await the oil' Ten-hut!
No "little faith" here! Maybe you mis-read. I'm confident youse guys is gonna get some Bilko. Ten-hut! :biggrin:

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Also got the shipping notice and it's going directly to GaryOS as a gift since I already received my reduced set from DeepDiscount some weeks back. I never thought DD would come through on this and kept my original Amazon.CA order as backup, but was lucky to get two sets for this incredible deal, rivaling only last year's NAKED CITY bargain. So two years in a row heavily discounted vintage TV has merry'ed my Christmas!

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Given past precedent and the known supply issue with Shout products in Canada, I just sat back and let my order stand rather than playing vendor roulette (and enduring the subsequent hassles). Received my Amazon.ca set today ($17.22).

Just doing a quick comparison between a few CBS release episodes and the same ones on this Shout set, the CBS ones are definitely cleaner. The Shout episodes are on the soft/mushy side. Don't expect that clean, 35mm look.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[anger building] FYE is telling me now that they haven't refunded my money as they haven't received my return.

Amazing, since I have proof to the contrary. I now have to send them the tracking info. [/anger building]

angry-smiley-053.gif

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What's happening with Paypal and your claim? Sounds like others have had success with that avenue when FYE failed to properly react.

And my Amazon order is in Buffalo and is on track to be here tomorrow. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Zero is happening on the PayPal front. Not sure why others got immediate satisfaction and I didn't.

But I just very politely gave FYE a piece of my mind in an e-mail as I sent them the tracking number/info:
Tricia:

The USPS tracking number is: (removed)

Here is a link to the USPS tracking with that number: (removed)

Frankly, I'm surprised you are even insisting on this.

I placed a proper order.

FYE sent me the wrong product.

FYE refused to send me the product I ordered.

FYE asked me to return the product for the refund.

I immediately returned the product--as specified. But you have no record of this on your end.

And now you are withholding my money--which you've had for an entire month.

I have initiated a dispute through PayPal.

You have just lost a customer and can be certain I will not be recommending your company to anyone I know.

Mike Frezon

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I feel for the employees, the local news reported today that my local FYE store was closing in January.

I read that not long after replying to you earlier this evening. I can't say as I'm surprised or feel sorry for them when they treat customers the way that they've shown they do.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To be fair, I am a frequent shopper at the two FYE stores in the Albany-area and don't have anything negative to say. Interestingly, the customer service at fye.com always goes out of their way to say that they are an entirely different outfit from the B&M stores. Which is strange, because they are both owned by Trans-World and both will take my discount for being a premium backstage pass member.

Where in the "North Country" are you Leo? Not near Queensbury, NY are you? I've been to that FYE a number of times, too.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm a bit to the Northwest of there, in St. Lawrence County. The store that's closing is in the St. Lawrence Centre Mall in Massena NY, a few miles away from me.

Of course, the declining economic base in that community is probably as much a factor as anything. They've lost one of two Alcoa factories there and GM closed up shop about 5 or 6 years ago. The mall is half empty and going fast.

I doubt this mall will make its 30th anniversary in 6 or 7 years. Got a feeling that they're not even renewing leases at this point and are just looking to close up shop.

So FYE conceivably might not be leaving voluntarily.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aha! Up on the river.

I used to have some relatives in Ogdensburg.

And I know a fellas who works at Ch. 7 in Watertown. Also know some people in Lowville.

But we have digressed from the topic-at-hand. :biggrin:

bilko.jpg

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
Something I've long been curious about regarding this show:

In his 1959 novel, The Manchurian Candidate (later made into a classic film starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey), the members of the army patrol that are captured and brainwashed are all named after actors on The Phil Silvers Show. Was Richard Condon associated with the show or with Phil Silvers? Was he just a huge fan? I would be very interested to see if anyone has knowledge of this.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
Nick Eden said:
Got my copies of this from Amazon Canada delivered to the United Kingdom, and am happy to confirm it is Bilko.
That's great! You would think it would get to the U.S. faster then the U.K.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With relatives in the great white north, I know all too well the difficulties (and costs) of getting mail from one side of the border to the other.

And, frankly, there is a bit of logic that would allow Canadian mail quicker egress to the UK...both part of the monarchy and all... :biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks