The Petition is READY! Please Sign: Consumer Expectations of HD-DVD

David Judah

Screenwriter
Done. Thanks, Chris, for taking the time to put it together. Let's hope the powers that be take notice.

DJ

ChrisA

Second Unit
Should I have changed the defualt setting when making the petition? Yes, please use the "Display to author"...

Thanks Matt.

ChrisA

Second Unit
Craig,

I certainly hope so. It probably should have been included as a sentence in the secondary issues portion.

Chris

I hope we can continue to get the word of this petition out there, and on many forums.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I recently purchased an HD ready set with only component inputs for HD. I may have missed something, but the petition doesn't seem to address the concern that an HD-DVD player may not output full resolution via analog component outputs. This would seem to be an important concern in light of the large number of non-DVI/HDCP capable HD ready sets already in the hands of users.

ChrisA

Second Unit
Hi Steve,

Copyprotection, Hollin's Bill, Fair use .... is a much broader subject and more complex than we wanted to deal with in this petition. In general, I think they should spend money enforcing the laws against real pirates, than punishing consumers. Ultimately it is the consumer who feeds them, and it is the consumer who yields the power.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70MM Ultra pana