What's new

The Persuaders! (1 Viewer)

Benoit Blanc

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I’m going to finish mission: Monte Carlo tonight.

Here’s some comparison videos in the other thread for the new avengers:

Post in thread 'The Avengers and the New Avengers - The Cybernauts Trilogy Blu Ray coming!'
Ya need to edit this post; there are no videos or links in it.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Yes, the Cybernauts trilogy gave us all hope TNA would finally get the Network HD treatment.

But according to Network (I asked them on Twitter), it will not happen as of right now, and all clues points to SC.

The Persuaders! new package is just every facet of awesome.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yes, the Cybernauts trilogy gave us all hope TNA would finally get the Network HD treatment.

But according to Network (I asked them on Twitter), it will not happen as of right now, and all clues points to SC.

The Persuaders! new package is just every facet of awesome.

I let network know on Twitter that I want the new avengers on Blu-ray. Along with the Saint too.

Also that Jaz Wiseman should do another memorabilia book as he did with the new persuaders set.

Also some more Miya if releases from these shows. I love the 4 disc Saint set that network released.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Just bought The Persuaders blu ray set (not the 50) from the Network sale (35% off selected blu ray titles).
Thanks for cluing me in on that sale! Is the older Persuaders set about the same as the new one, other than the booklet?

Back to that sale, I also have my eye on:
The Professionals in separate volumes 1-4 (assuming they have everything that the complete set does)
The World at War complete series

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thanks for cluing me in on that sale! Is the older Persuaders set about the same as the new one, other than the booklet?
Stephen, if you read further up the thread, you'll see that the newer Persuaders! set has the 8 stitched-together movie versions of Persuaders episodes remastered and formatted for 16:9, plus the new Jaz Wiseman book and a separate Blu-Ray which includes two episodes aired on Network's streaming channel for the 50th Anniversary night (which include contemporary commercials) and two interviews, one with Sir Roger Moore and the other with Tony Curtis.

maxresdefault.jpg

The set that Keith is talking about is the one below, which is the complete series of 24 episodes and assorted bonus features (and which also includes a lengthy book by archive TV expert Andrew Pixley). I have this one and it is great set, wonderful value at current sale prices (about 25 pounds, or US $31.50, before shipping). Be advised though that both are Region B locked.
persuaders-the-the-complete-series-blu-ray-.jpg

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Stephen, if you read further up the thread, you'll see that the newer Persuaders! set has the 8 stitched-together movie versions of Persuaders episodes remastered and formatted for 16:9, plus the new Jaz Wiseman book and a separate Blu-Ray which includes two episodes aired on Network's streaming channel for the 50th Anniversary night (which include contemporary commercials) and two interviews, one with Sir Roger Moore and the other with Tony Curtis.

maxresdefault.jpg

The set that Keith is talking about is the one below, which is the complete series of 24 episodes and assorted bonus features (and which also includes a lengthy book by archive TV expert Andrew Pixley). I have this one and it is great set, wonderful value at current sale prices (about 25 pounds, or US $31.50, before shipping). Be advised thought that both are Region B locked.

I’ve slowed down on the persuaders at 50 set. I’m hoping to watch Overture with the vintage ads with my boys soon. Great way to start them on the show.

I have watched several of the films that are the combined episodes. Really fun to see them in widescreen and image is spectacular!

The TV set is great too. You can’t go wrong with this show!

I revisit it often. It was the reason I bought a region free Blu-ray player too!

I also picked up several of the avengers Blu-ray sets too!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’ve slowed down on the persuaders at 50 set. I’m hoping to watch Overture with the vintage ads with my boys soon. Great way to start them on the show.

I have watched several of the films that are the combined episodes. Really fun to see them in widescreen and image is spectacular!

The TV set is great too. You can’t go wrong with this show!

I revisit it often. It was the reason I bought a region free Blu-ray player too!

I also picked up several of the avengers Blu-ray sets too!
Speaking of the Avengers, is there a BD counterpart for the Emma Peal Mega set?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen

maxresdefault.jpg

The set that Keith is talking about is the one below, which is the complete series of 24 episodes and assorted bonus features (and which also includes a lengthy book by archive TV expert Andrew Pixley). I have this one and it is great set, wonderful value at current sale prices (about 25 pounds, or US $31.50, before shipping). Be advised thought that both are Region B locked.
Thanks Jeff. I saw some earlier discussion on this, but your rundown makes the difference crystal clear.

To anyone who has the 50 set - are the two episodes with commercials from the original 1971 broadcasts? The vintage 70s commercials would be fun to see. Not sure they're worth double the price though.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The Persuaders was first shown around my 11th birthday and it was the most exciting, glamourous show, an unusually big budget for British television as it was an Anglo-American production, Curtis + Moore. Was it alphabetical, was Tony the bigger star, were they paid the same? I must have seen these episodes (24) more than any other show over the decades, with the possible exception of Thunderbirds (32). I noticed that Ep 4 Greensleeves is missing from the disc info.

I put off buying the blu ray set for ages as I wasn't sure they still had much rewatchability. But it is a great set, superbly remastered by Network. I always preferred the much more exotic episodes set in the South of France to those UK based. The blu ray quality is so good it highlights some of the less good sets and back projections. Due to familiarity I've decided to watch the episodes in a random order after the first.

Final point, Aston Martin has been my favourite car brand since first watching the show, as I watched this before I would have seen Goldfinger. However, I never much liked the colour of the Aston (Bahama Yellow), but it sure does sparkle on these discs.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Persuaders was first shown around my 11th birthday and it was the most exciting, glamourous show, an unusually big budget for British television as it was an Anglo-American production, Curtis + Moore. Was it alphabetical, was Tony the bigger star, were they paid the same? I must have seen these episodes (24) more than any other show over the decades, with the possible exception of Thunderbirds (32). I noticed that Ep 4 Greensleeves is missing from the disc info.

I put off buying the blu ray set for ages as I wasn't sure they still had much rewatchability. But it is a great set, superbly remastered by Network. I always preferred the much more exotic episodes set in the South of France to those UK based. The blu ray quality is so good it highlights some of the less good sets and back projections. Due to familiarity I've decided to watch the episodes in a random order after the first.

Final point, Aston Martin has been my favourite car brand since first watching the show, as I watched this before I would have seen Goldfinger. However, I never much liked the colour of the Aston (Bahama Yellow), but it sure does sparkle on these discs.

Thanks for the post on your thoughts on the Blu-ray set! I’ve marveled at the discs too!
You are so right it’s such an enjoyable show to watch. I never tire of watching Moore and Curtis play off it’s other with their sharp wit.
I haven’t finished the new set with the episodes in film format yet.
Thanks for the reminder that I should watch one again this evening too!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I was very close to buying the 50th anniversary set (hard to believe it's been half a century!), but the recent reduction on the existing set was too good to refuse. It seems that the price of the 50th set has already been reduced. As the 4 feature films are in a separate case, I hope to be able to pick these up in due course.

Just wanted to mention the iconic theme, it must be the best of any British tv show, and hasn't aged at all. John Barry, of course.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was very close to buying the 50th anniversary set (hard to believe it's been half a century!), but the recent reduction on the existing set was too good to refuse. It seems that the price of the 50th set has already been reduced. As the 4 feature films are in a separate case, I hope to be able to pick these up in due course.

Just wanted to mention the iconic theme, it must be the best of any British tv show, and hasn't aged at all. John Barry, of course.

100% agreed! Yes the theme song is amazing. I love all of the music and I wish they could’ve done a set for this series as they did for The Saint!

I’m hoping to watch the episodes with vintage ads feature soon. I loved seeing these of The Avengers Cybernauts trilogy disc!

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
That exquisite theme combined with the genius opening montage raises it to another level.

Our daughter surprised us last year by presenting a video homage to her parents. It is set to John Barry’s Persuaders theme and starts with split-video, side-by-side chronological imagery of the two of us from infancy, later coming together to a unified full screen after marriage.

It is a most treasured gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks