What's new

The Persuaders! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
As I already own Network's terrific The Persuaders! Complete Series Region B Blu-Ray set, I personally am not so interested in the "2 episodes stitched together" movie versions of the show in this new set (I'd much rather have a new-to-Blu ITC series released, like The Champions or The Baron)...but that said, this is a neat package for those who do want these. Network has thrown in some cool extras, like the booklet by ITC expert Jaz Wiseman, the "50th Anniversary Night" Blu-Ray, which includes some exclusive interview content, etc.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
As I already own Network's terrific The Persuaders! Complete Series Region B Blu-Ray set, I personally am not so interested in the "2 episodes stitched together" movie versions of the show in this new set (I'd much rather have a new-to-Blu ITC series released, like The Champions or The Baron)...but that said, this is a neat package for those who do want these. Network has thrown in some cool extras, like the booklet by ITC expert Jaz Wiseman, the "50th Anniversary Night" Blu-Ray, which includes some exclusive interview content, etc.

If we want other ITC shows on Blu-ray a great way to encourage them is with sales. This is easy for me with this show. I have the older set as well but will not hesitate as it’s a favorite of mine.

Ordered! I love this show. Plus the new book will be great!

Just finished this too:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
If we want other ITC shows on Blu-ray a great way to encourage them is with sales. This is easy for me with this show. I have the older set as well but will not hesitate as it’s a favorite of mine.

Ordered! I love this show. Plus the new book will be great!

Just finished this too:

Oh, trust me, Tim...I've sent a LOT of money Network's way. I've purchased Blu-Ray sets of The Persuaders, Department S, Randall & Hopkirk: Deceased, Man in a Suitcase, The Zoo Gang, Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons, and their recent release of Gideon's Way...not to mention about a dozen other ITC shows on DVD. 50 pounds puts this new release into the "no thanks" column, price-wise, for me personally, but I'll be all over their next ITC complete series upgrade, no question.

At any rate, I completely understand that big-time Persuaders fans such as yourself will want to order this new set. I certainly hope you greatly enjoy it. Thanks for bringing it to members' attention here.

Thanks also for the link to watch the above video...but it looks like I missed the limited viewing window, unfortunately. How was it, Tim? Any tidbits you'd like to share from the streaming presentation?

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Oh, trust me, Tim...I've sent a LOT of money Network's way. I've purchased Blu-Ray sets of The Persuaders, Department S, Randall & Hopkirk: Deceased, Man in a Suitcase, The Zoo Gang, Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons, and their recent release of Gideon's Way...not to mention about a dozen other ITC shows on DVD. 50 pounds puts this new release into the "no thanks" column, price-wise, for me personally, but I'll be all over their next ITC complete series upgrade, no question.

At any rate, I completely understand that big-time Persuaders fans such as yourself will want to order this new set. I certainly hope you greatly enjoy it. Thanks for bringing it to members' attention here.

Thanks also for the link to watch the above video...but it looks like I missed the limited viewing window, unfortunately. How was it, Tim? Any tidbits you'd like to share from the streaming presentation?

It must’ve just been a one day showing.
I streamed it from my iPhone to my Apple TV 4K.
The film / show was great. I appreciated getting to see the episodes in full widescreen. The added intro with credits for the film was nicely done too. Also the end credits were new and again done very well.

There was an interview with Jaz and 2 other people to introduce the show as well. They talked briefly about seeing the show and how difficult it was to see it after the first time it aired too. There was vhs releases in the uk and they mentioned how bad the prints were for these.

“Element of Risk” And “That’s Me Over There” we’re the two episodes that were combined to make the film. It was something that was intended for the Italian market but never released.

After the film concluded they showed the ad for the new Blu-ray set too.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
It must’ve just been a one day showing.
I streamed it from my iPhone to my Apple TV 4K.
The film / show was great. I appreciated getting to see the episodes in full widescreen. The added intro with credits for the film was nicely done too. Also the end credits were new and again done very well.

There was an interview with Jaz and 2 other people to introduce the show as well. They talked briefly about seeing the show and how difficult it was to see it after the first time it aired too. There was vhs releases in the uk and they mentioned how bad the prints were for these.

“Element of Risk” And “That’s Me Over There” we’re the two episodes that were combined to make the film. It was something that was intended for the Italian market but never released.

After the film concluded they showed the ad for the new Blu-ray set too.

I missed the show. How did the episodes look in widescreen?

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby

The two series I want in blu ray are The Champions (I turned 8 during the show's first run, another great opening theme + Alexandra Bastedo) and Danger Man (Patrick McGoohan, should have been Bond).

There is an episode of both shows (and The Baron amongst others) on the taster blu ray retro-ACTION, which shows how good these other series would look in HD.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I missed the show. How did the episodes look in widescreen?

They looked really good! I love this show and I preordered the set right away. The new book by jaz wiseman and having these film versions in which the episodes are in widescreen made it an easy choice for me.

I have the previous network set on Blu-ray too. I can’t recommend it enough. It is region locked and requires a region free Blu-ray player. I ordered a player just got this set! : )

I’ve also picked up the avengers Blu-ray sets and I have my old network Saint dvds too.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The two series I want in blu ray are The Champions (I turned 8 during the show's first run, another great opening theme + Alexandra Bastedo) and Danger Man (Patrick McGoohan, should have been Bond).

There is an episode of both shows (and The Baron amongst others) on the taster blu ray retro-ACTION, which shows how good these other series would look in HD.
I'm looking for the complete series of The Professionals and Dempsey and Makepeace on blu ray, but looks like I'm out of luck. Appears there was a complete set for The Professionals released in 2021, but it's already out of print (!). And I don't even see a complete Dempsey and Makepeace set available on DVD, let alone blu ray.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm looking for the complete series of The Professionals and Dempsey and Makepeace on blu ray, but looks like I'm out of luck. Appears there was a complete set for The Professionals released in 2021, but it's already out of print (!). And I don't even see a complete Dempsey and Makepeace set available on DVD, let alone blu ray.
Dempsey and Makepeace is a hornet's nest on DVD, frankly...but The Professionals is readily available on Blu-Ray, beautifully restored from 16mm elements by Network:

https://networkonair.com/all-products/3353-professionals-the-the-complete-series-blu-ray-

professionals-the-the-complete-series-blu-ray-.jpg

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
almost all of the series is posted on youtube in 720p.Running time is about 51 minutes,fun show.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

¶ Count me in for Danger Man, the long hour series on BD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks