"The Patriot Superbit Deluxe" review (and Hollow Man SB)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern Roy, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

I now have the Superbit Deluxe review of 'The Patriot' up on my site (signature). A 'Vertical Limit SB' review is also up since today.
    Its kinda getting boring doing SB reviews, the difference in detail is always the same. [​IMG] Which is a good, no, a great thing, of course.
    Maybe i should only do a new SB review when a title shows up that does NOT have typical SB benefits [​IMG]
    We'll see.
    Anyway, i also checked out Hollow Man SB-Deluxe and the difference is also as expected. This is a very 3D looking DVD, one of the best 1.85:1 transfers, period.
    I would have much rather seen a SB version of this director's other strongly controversial movie, Starship Troopers, which was a much superior movie IMHO, but again, i don't want to discuss movie content.
    The new Starship Troopers SE (non-SB) is the next review that i will post on my site, but this has to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.
    Regards
    Bjoern

2. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I thought VL SB was terrific. It is currently the only SB title I have, as I have everythign else already (AF1, Crouching Tiger, Patriot, etc.) or don't want (Johnny Mnemonic). I have NO IDEA why the new Starship Troopers wasn't a SuperBit deluxe. I didn't pick that up as there wasn't nearly enough new content to justify buying it again.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Bjoern,
    If you wouldn't mind, could you provide a link to your site? I have signatures turned off, and. . . . [​IMG]

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I bought the Superbit version of The Patriot. I plan to watch it this weekend. I will be curious to see if there is an improvement on MY setup.

5. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
  6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Thanks, Adam.

7. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Thanks Bjoern, as usual very informative comparisons. I also look forward to any comparisons with the High Definition HBO broadcasts.

8. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

Bjoern,
    You are a mad-man [​IMG]. But it is very good to have your input and to hear your enthusiam.