The Patriot SB Deluxe

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren_Fu, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Darren_Fu

Darren_Fu Stunt Coordinator

I just finished watching The Patriot for about the 3rd time. Damn that is a great movie!!!!! This movie should be viewed by all americans. Especially around the 4th of July. That would make it fit in quite well.
    I borrowed this movie from a friend about 3 months ago. He had the SE version. I knew I had to get it for my collection. I decided to get the SB Deluxe version. You can really tell a big difference in picture clarity. Add this with DTS soundtrack and you feel like you should have a musket firing it yourself. All the cannon shots were truly intense. They sounded like they were hitting my house. I recommend the SB Deluxe version to anyone trying to decide which copy of this movie to buy. This is all for now....I think I have said my piece.
    DF
    P.S. This movie is definitely not for children or ones with weak tummies. VERY BLOODY!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    I have the same Superbit. As you mentioned, excellent picture and sound. My favorite scene to view for a good example: When they are stabnng on the porch and can hear cannons in the distance. In the regular edition they were faint sounds. Now they sound clearer and more defined. You can hear more of them. Also, look at scenes, the battle scenes, that involve thousands of CGI characters. You can see them much clearer now than you could before.
    [​IMG]

3. Darren_Fu

Darren_Fu Stunt Coordinator

I don't agree with them but that is what is good about the GREAT US of A. You can say what you want!!!
    Oh yeah JoshB you are getting DEEP man!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DF

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Since, I just deleted two posts, let's stop the sermons about war and patriotism! You can discuss the dvd and the film, but any viewpoints made to debate others about war and patriotism will be deleted with further discipline action forthcoming. I will not allow this thread to turn into a flame war.
    Crawdaddy

5. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    Ok, but it is a great DVD, reference wise. I don't like how Superbits take out the production notes, leaving only the chapter insert. I like their cool cases too.
    [​IMG]

6. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

7. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    Thats true, and a more detailed explanation into the Superbit process, or even a catalogue of sorts to show available Superbit titles and future releases.
    [​IMG]