The Party!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimW, Jan 4, 2002.

1. TimW

TimW Agent

Hey. I was just browsing my local Circut Sh*tty and while browsing for something new to buy, my eyes stumbled on "The Party" !
    I've been waiting for this one to come out on DVD for awhile since it's one of my favorite Peter Sellers/Blake Edwards movies because it's so light. It's also a great background flick. (one to have on while doing other things around the house) [​IMG] ). I can't believe I missed it! Does anyone know when it was released?
    It's 2.35:1 widescreen enhanced. I haven't even put it in yet, but I've gotten used to watching it on crappy P&S video all these years. I'm sure it will be another fun watch.

2. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

It's been out since 12/11/00. The transfer is terrific... it's nice to finally see this in all it's 2.35:1 glory. The colors are amazing.

3. Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd Second Unit

Just watched this on DVD after only catching bits and pieces on TV before and laughed non-stop.

After watching the M. Hulot series from Jaques Tati this summer I couldn't help but notice some similarities in the style of those films. The way Peter Sellers would be having his comic absurdities in the background while in the foreground the partiers would be having nearly inaudible conversations was very familiar. Blake Edwards and Peter Sellers must've been fans!

Waiting for After The Fox now!

4. Denny_S

Denny_S Stunt Coordinator

Birdie num num.....[​IMG]
    ...does that include television sir ?[​IMG]
    how..dee..par..den..nar..pardner!![​IMG]

5. Gunnar Syren

Gunnar Syren Stunt Coordinator

I think the first two thirds of the film are hilarious, but then they seem to have run out of jokes. After they bring in the elephant, it's just not funny at all any more. At least that's what I think.
    But even with the weak ending it's still a thumbs up movie... [​IMG] [​IMG]