What's new

The Partridge Family Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

using them as bonus features is the only way to get them. There's no way I'd hunt down a complete season set. Shame they didn't bust it up so each season would get 4 of the 16 animated features.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Hoping for the best. Since they've done the work, it seems like it will happen eventually. Too bad if the news about s4 is true. It wouldn't surprise me. At this point, I'd just be happy to get at least the first three seasons. I'd have the bulk of the show. I hope s4 eventually comes out, but I won't be holding my breath.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Thanks, Sony! And my gratitude to all that emailed them requesting S3. My 6 year old son will be thrilled with the news.

The third season saw PF ending on a high note at the end of the production run, tied with "The Waltons" at #19. To me, the middle two years of PF were the best and some of the most well written stories and memorable guest stars are featured in S3 along with more great songs by Mann & Weil, Tony Romeo, Boyce & Hart and others. Also, Dave Madden and Danny Bonaduce seemed to really perfect their comedic chemistry in this season.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to the later seasons and hope that they don't pull the plug at 3. I think it's too early for anyone to say for sure that will happen

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
since there's only four seasons of the show, it would seem best if Sony puts out the final season so they can at least box them up. Or some of us can grab 3 & 4 at a 2 for 1 sale.

MTO

Agent
Real Name
mark owens
Mr. Mohr, I understand you've made a couple references to having some contact at Sony. By any chance would you be able to learn if it is true that the 3rd Season of the Partridge Family has been "remastered" and thus, might eventually be released? Perhaps that would give us fans a bit of hope!

Mick Tees

Second Unit
The last time I posted back in July this release was up in the air. Have we made any progress at all?

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
None. And you do know that while season 3 may eventually make it out, there's no chance we'll finish the run.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I picked up S3 yesterday at BB ($22.99 sale price) and watched three of the episodes. Great fun and my 8 year old loves it almost as much as Gomer Pyle.

Paul Mavis gives this release a "recommended" in his characteristically well thought out review. Certainly one of the more probing commentaries ever written when it comes to delving into the show's strengths and weaknesses--practically reads like a term paper!

DVD Talk Review: The Partridge Family - The Complete Third Season

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I own the first two seasons of this series. I watched it faithfully when it first aired. I will be getting this, and (hopefully) season four as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, that is an excellent review of the show.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
Just picked this up at wal mart for $19,96 great price. Hopefully we will get season 4 in 09.

Mark Lx

Second Unit

Except that I don't remember the TV Partridge Family even being considered a hugely successful and famous band on the show, which is the guys main premise to why it no longer worked? They were a reasonably successful touring band and locally famous. There is reference to making a album several times (which wouldn't mean anything today), but I don't remember hearing of them selling millions(or whatever) of copies. Don't remember any large concert venues. Therefore, no clash with having the same house, same vehicle, and same money trouble.

More so today, but there were thousands of easier ways to make a living than music (unless you are nationally/world famous). To support a family of 6 would be almost impossible.

Haven't seen season 3 in over 20 years, but saw them dozens of times.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,

Maybe the reviewer proceeds from a premise that is different than yours. Does the site where the review was posted allow you to refute or rebut some of the claims in the review? If so, that might be a way to get answers or clarification to some of your questions.

Addendum: I just looked over there, and I see that you can Email the author of the review, start a discussion, or both.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MT108

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Turner

I don't like the way he blows off the fourth season. I think Ricky Segall appeared in less than half of the episodes. So the last 3 minutes are lame, it's not a big deal. For me, as a period piece (clothes, hair, cars, sets, etc), 1973-74 was much more interesting than the first 3 seasons.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've almost finished watching season 3. So far, I find the show is going a bit down hill. However, I would still love to have season 4 to finish off the series. It has been great fun watching these episodes for the first time in years.

Real Name
Ron Albanese
Hi All,

I too grabbed this set ... I bought season one, but not season two - and it was on sale at Best Buy for $14.99! I too noticed that season 3 is a little uneven.

The show itself is a little weird; the youngest kids are often seen but not heard, and it's almost spooky sometimes. Dialogue is sometimes great, but sometimes awful, etc. and the scripts try to be real while still the stuff of fantasy (family band).

Still, this is one of those "time capsule" shows that I have to have - the first episode of season three alone is a video report on vintage Levi's!

It is my understanding that season 4 was also weak, but if it comes out, I'm there!

Where are the extras on these things? The first set had commentary on two episodes, a neat menu, and one of the rare animated episodes. This has those cheesy "mini" episodes.

I'm finished with my FIRST POST EVER, after years and years of reading!

Ron

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I posted about it before here but now I can see for sure that Susan Day look healthy and beautiful in this season compared to the first two seasons where she looked anorexic (and beautiful).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks