What's new

The Paris Concert For Amnesty International (1 Viewer)

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
while i'm sure i'll just go and pick it up (or ask santa for it) does anyone here have the amnesty international concert dvd? can they attest to its quality? i know it's non-anamorphic/full frame, but it does have dd stereo, 5.1, and dts tracks.
what i'm really excited about are the radiohead tracks and aside from meeting people is easy (which i also don't have), i really want some high quality live radiohead music i can listen to at home (i did however just receive my vinyl copy of the i might be wrong live recordings, in case anyone was going to suggest that).
see details on the dvd here.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I picked up this disc specifically for the Radiohead (whose three songs are incredible). However, there are a few other good tracks on this disc as well, and overall I'm pleased with it. The sound is not quite as good as some of the better concert discs, but does a pretty good job of making it sound like you're in the audience.

In short, it's worth it for the Radiohead... but I liked Alanis Morissette and Peter Gabriel's stuff too.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
If you're after live Radiohead, don't get Meeting People Is Easy. There might be one or two complete live songs on it, but the vast majority is just song fragments, random "on the road" footage and self-indulgent wankery. Of course, that's just my opinion and I'm probably wrong.
The Radiohead footage on the Paris concert is quite good, though. It's clear who the crowd at the show came to see. :)
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks