What's new

THE OUTSIDERS - News on S.E. (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
THE OUTSIDERS starring a who's who of movie stars like Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Diane Lane, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Ralph "Daniel Son" Macchio, Lief Garrett and C.Thomas Howell was rumoured to be released as an S.E. sometime in the future. Any news or details?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
The old transfer is ok. Nothing amazing. I've heard Coppola is going to release a much longer cut on dvd. THAT would be interesting.

:) D

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
With a cast reunion commentary and a Coppola commentary. A cast reunion documentary would be GREAT as well!

Warner's are you seeing this?

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
I read over a year ago that the dirCut should be released early this year; obviously its not here yet, but from what I read it was supposed to be a good deal longer, with an extra element of the story added, mostly about Tom Cruise's character, Sodapop. This was only a very short paragraph or two in I believe Entertainment Weekly. I've been waiting impatiently myself, as I enjoy this movie even though its a little more geared to the younger teen audience.

Stephen

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
The current DVD isn't a disaster but it's not very good, either. Though the DVD's colors are superior, the old Warner LD has a better framed transfer AND a much, much better surround soundtrack than the DVD, which sounds tinny and compressed by comparison.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Hi Guys,

I thought I would share this with you! It looks like concrete evidence of the commentary on the upcoming Warner Bros Special Edition of Francis Ford Coppola's "The Outsiders". (Probably Region 1 AND 2)!

It is an interview with Diane Lane, who played Cherry Valance in the movie, from a New York entertainment magazine called Gotham. In the article the Oscar nominated actress (Best Actress for "Unfaithful") refers to recording an audio commentary track for the Warner Bros Special Edition of Francis Ford Coppola's cult hit "The Outsiders". She mentions that other stars on the commentary are Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell etc (No Tom Cruise or Matt Dillon however).
They had a GREAT time apparently and it indicates that it should be a good DVD set with rumors of a reunion documentary as well as the commentary.

Here is the link: http://www.gotham-magazine.com/gretchen.php

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks