What's new

The Outlaw Josey Wales, how can i tell which is the new one? (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Ditto. I've compared the two DVDs at Best Buy, and other than the cover, I can't find any differences. I have the one that doesn't say "Clint Eastwood Collection" on the spine, and I've had it since February 2000, so I'm assuming the other one is the Special Edition. Correct? If so, what makes it "special"? I couldn't find anything on the back of the newer one to indicate extra features.

MattHR

Screenwriter
The new version has catalog #21517, while the old is #12588. The new version also sports the "Clint Eastwood Collection"-style cover with the leather-like borders.

The new version indicates the following special features

on the back cover: All-new digital transfer, soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1, 1976 documentary EASTWOOD IN ACTION, 1999 documentary HELL HATH NO FURY: THE MAKING OF THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, introduction by Clint Eastwood,

interactive menus, production notes, trailer.

Henry Yuen

Grip
Has anyone compared the original with the new release? Are there any differences in picture and sound quality? I've read that the new transfer is significantly darker but I don't know whether that's how the movie is supposed to look. Any comments?

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Both editions still seem to be available.

Does anyone know the answer to how the two versions may differ.

The site previously referenced in this thread no longer seems to exist.

DG

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have info on the upcoming (9/9/08) remastered issue of "Outlaw...."? Both Amazon & DeepDiscount have this pre-release listed as 1:33 full frame. I'd guess that this is a typo since the '99 release was enhanced WS .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks