What's new

The Outlaw 950 pics are up, what do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
>I have never seen a processor's guts that look so simple...hell even my Sony 555ES's guts look closer to the Lexicon's guts than the 950.
I own a Sony 9000es - I also have the service manual and have opened it up to have a look inside.
It's certainly a tour de force of engineering, Sony have packed in the slanted boards and have put in premium parts. It's a 13-14kg monster than weighs as much as a receiver (without the amps!). I doubt they make much or anything on it. Fitting for a flagship. Three 32-bit DSP's with A/D SHARC processing and discreet components everywhere...
However, it's a nightmare to fix and it's hot as hell (comparatively speaking).
Outlaw obviously don't have the budget of Sony (or Lexicon) - and I expect a product less complex that both.
However they have one thing that Sony don't have - the ear of actual users instead of the arrogance that is typical of a large corporation.
I expect a clean, simple, efficient good sounding preamp. Which I hope and expect the 950 to be...
T.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I'll be darned, I found these two pictures on my office PC. I must have first received them while I was in the office and saved the email. Therefore, I wrote to Outlaw this morning and received permission to post them. Remember, these are pictures of a Alpha version of the Model 950 taken back in June or July, so I'm sure there have been some changes.
Anyhow, in order to save web space and bandwidth (AtHome only gives 300MB/month) I've resaved these two pictures with 50% JPG compression. However, I have not reduced the resolution, so they're still a full 2048 by 1536 pixels ...
http://members.home.net/ranelks2/DSCN0019x.JPG ~225 KB
http://members.home.net/ranelks2/DSCN0020x.JPG ~280 KB
Enjoy,
------------------
pat----
email: [email protected] ---===--- Finally! A home page ... Grumpy's Lair

John Cain

Second Unit
Now those are clear pics!!
I wish the ones they posted ashowing the front and rear of the 950 were that good.
-- John

TomH

Second Unit
The early pics showed 7.1 both in and out. The new ones have 5.1 in and 7.1 out. Not sure if this is a concern.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks