What's new

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
For those who might be interested...KL's season one Outer Limits Blu-ray set has price dropped on Amazon Canada to $69.97 CANADIAN dollars...at the current exchange rate, that is $54.22 AMERICAN dollars...even with shipping fees, some of you USA customers might save considerably by ordering from Amazon Canada...the inexplicable automated Amazon pricing algorithms often don't make any sense from my perspective, and in this case I'm not complaining, ha, ha... of course, the recent price drop (down $17 Canadian, $13.17 American) coincided with the Canadian dollar FALLING against the U.S. greenback, which of course should have made the season one Blu pricier!

https://www.amazon.ca/Limits-1963-6...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MXNXXEDJS29YHH908VAD

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For those who might be interested...KL's season one Outer Limits Blu-ray set has price dropped on Amazon Canada to $69.97 CANADIAN dollars...at the current exchange rate, that is $54.22 AMERICAN dollars...even with shipping fees, some of you USA customers might save considerably by ordering from Amazon Canada...the inexplicable automated Amazon pricing algorithms often don't make any sense from my perspective, and in this case I'm not complaining, ha, ha... of course, the recent price drop (down $17 Canadian, $13.17 American) coincided with the Canadian dollar FALLING against the U.S. greenback, which of course should have made the season one Blu pricier!

https://www.amazon.ca/Limits-1963-6...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MXNXXEDJS29YHH908VAD
If you're in the USA then you might as well buy it directly from Kino. The Kino price is $64.97 including free shipping and no sales tax. At Amazon.ca, once I placed the set in my basket and got to the final page before clicking on place your order in US dollars, the final price in American dollars was $64.43 which includes international shipping. It's a 54 cent difference, but I bet you get your Kino order faster and it's easier to exchange if there is a problem.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
That's a very good deal too, Robert! I've ordered direct from KL a number of times and found their service to be fast and efficient as well...and hopefully, ordering direct from them might mean a higher netback for KL per unit sold too...for my own order, I can't beat the Amazon Canada deal...$54 + 5% tax with free shipping to my Canadian address...I can hardly wait to get this in my filthy paws come March 27th...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If you're in the USA then you might as well buy it directly from Kino. The Kino price is $64.97 including free shipping and no sales tax. At Amazon.ca, once I placed the set in my basket and got to the final page before clicking on place your order in US dollars, the final price in American dollars was $64.43 which includes international shipping. It's a 54 cent difference, but I bet you get your Kino order faster and it's easier to exchange if there is a problem.
The Amazon.ca price is $64.05 for me. I'd rather order direct from Kino and give them all the profit rather than have to share any with Amazon! I need to get that done before they raise their online price!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The Outer Limits: Season One
Coming to Blu-ray and DVD March 27 from Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Includes 40 Page Booklet Essay by David J. Schow and
Audio Commentaries by Noted Film and Television Historians

"The best program of its type ever to run on network TV!" - Stephen King
4537355f-e711-4e92-b493-78bf9d4ab66d.jpg
New York, NY - March 22, 2018 - Kino Lorber Studio Classics is proud to announce the Blu-ray and DVD release of Season One of The Outer Limits, the hit television anthology series, created by Leslie Stevens, that became a benchmark for science-fiction shows to follow. This seven-disc collection contains all 32 episodes of Season One, newly restored in HD.

The Outer Limits: Season One will be released on Blu-ray and DVD March 27, with a SRP of $99.95 for the Blu-ray and $79.95 for the DVD. Special features include "There is Nothing Wrong With Your Television Set", a 40 page booklet essay by David J. Schow, and audio commentaries by David J. Schow (The Outer Limits Companion), Tim Lucas (Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark; Video Watchblog), Craig Beam (My Life in the Glow of the Outer Limits), Dr. Reba Wissner (We Will Control All That You Hear: The Outer Limits & The Aural Imagination), Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), Michael Hyatt (film historian), and Steve Mitchell (King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen).

cc775292-bed1-47db-a708-547330b6104d.jpg

There Is Nothing Wrong With Your Television Set...
Do Not Attempt To Adjust The Picture...
We Are Controlling Transmission...

You hold in your hands an artifact from a time now vanished forever; a compendium of portals into worlds unknown. A seven-disc set that controls over 27 hours of transmission from the 1963-1964 series, this vessel has sought you out for one specific purpose: to expand your mind to The Outer Limits!

Guest stars include Ed Asner, Macdonald Carey, Dabney Coleman, Robert Culp, Bruce Dern, Robert Duvall, Mimsy Farmer, Don Gordon, Harry Guardino, Gloria Grahame, Signe Hasso, Miriam Hopkins, Richard Jaeckel, Sally Kellerman, Shirley Knight, Martin Landau, George Macready, John Marley, David McCallum, Ralph Meeker, Gary Merrill, Vera Miles, Leonard Nimoy, Simon Oakland, Warren Oates, Carroll O'Connor, Donald Pleasence, Cliff Robertson, Ruth Roman, Barbara Rush, Martin Sheen, Henry Silva and many more.

THE OUTER LIMITS: Season One
Blu-ray and DVD Street Date: March 27, 2018
Blu-ray SRP: $99.95
DVD SRP: $79.95

Directors: Leslie Stevens, Byron Haskin, Laslo Benedek, James Goldstone,
Gerd Oswald, John Brahm, Robert Florey
Produced by Joseph Stefano
Executive Producer: Leslie Stevens
A Villa Di Stefano Production in association with Daystar Productions

Technical Specs:
1963-1964 / B&W / 1632 Minutes / (1.33:1) / 1920x1080p / French Subtitles / Not Rated

Special Features:
"There Is Nothing Wrong With Your Television Set",
a 40-page booklet essay by David J. Schow
Audio commentaries by David J. Schow (The Outer Limits Companion), Tim Lucas (Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark; Video Watchblog), Craig Beam (My Life in the Glow of the Outer Limits), Dr. Reba Wissner (We Will Control All That You Hear: The Outer Limits & The Aural Imagination), Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), Michael Hyatt (film historian), and Steve Mitchell (King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen)
S.gif

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
The Amazon.ca price is $64.05 for me. I'd rather order direct from Kino and give them all the profit rather than have to share any with Amazon! I need to get that done before they raise their online price!
Thanks for Kino tip. Just ordered from them.
In my experience I've found Amazon CA to be thee worst customer service on the planet for US orders.
Quit even bothering with them years ago. They take longer than Amazon UK.
Doing a search for this disc, the hero link shows a 3rd party seller for ~90CAD. Click on the other offers, hey! there's Amazon for ~70CAD.
No direct link just add to cart. Cart shows ~9CAD shipping. Yeah maybe if you bl0w me & send a donut from Tim Horton's

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if copies of the Outer Limits Blu-ray available in Canada have bilingual (English/French) packaging?

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
About time.
"It's good to cherish old things...beauty is always on the edge of being lost."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks