What's new

The Outer Limits is turning 50.... (1 Viewer)

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Hey guys, not a lot of discussion on the season 2 episodes. I guess this season dropped the enthusiam level.
I watched my second season set in about half the time it took to watch the first.:laugh: (It's half the length for those who are not aware.) I love what most of the commentators called "the procedural approach" to the stories this season. It's science fiction with a bit of crime drama.

A bit of fun. Who can name all of the actors in the foreground below in the scene from "Expanding Human" and the roles they played in Star Trek (TOS) ?
vlcsnap-2019-04-10-21h37m44s352.png

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
A bit of fun. Who can name all of the actors in the foreground below in the scene from "Expanding Human" and the roles they played in Star Trek (TOS) ?
View attachment 57422

Wow, you're right, Jason Wingreen was in a TREK episode (more like "appeared" in one) - had to look him up to confirm that. Aside from Scotty, Skip and his blonde doppelganger, the surprise TREK actor that sticks out to me is in another scene - Dan Duryea's son from the first pilot.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Wow, you're right, Jason Wingreen was in a TREK episode (more like "appeared" in one) - had to look him up to confirm that. Aside from Scotty, Skip and his blonde doppelganger, the surprise TREK actor that sticks out to me is in another scene - Dan Duryea's son from the first pilot.
Wingreen had a connection to another "Star" franchise
He was the original voice of Bobba Fett in TESB
jason-wingreen-1516115455.jpg

Get me ham on five ..
and
photo-c-p-620x336.jpg

Hold the Mayo ... ;)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone gotten any legit word on replacement discs for season 2 yet?

A bunch of people have gotten UPS notices of some order from Techicolor/Tennessee. I did and I can't even remember putting in a requst
The Kino guy on Bluray said the discs are mailing, so everyone is assuming the mailout is the new disc.
I can't think of anything else I could have coming from TC -- it legit shocked me to see a shipment pending since I didn't think I had any requests in for discs other than my request for new Red Dwarf UK discs.

I guess I must have sent a request in even though I haven't even bought S2 yet though was planning to during some sale, but just haven't found my price point yet

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow, but I don;t have the bad disc to compare

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From reading the posts I suspect you're right.

Came in a plain flat cardboard package, bare disc not even with 1 mil plastic or paper CD holder. Seems OK, but pretty surprising

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Came in a plain flat cardboard package, bare disc not even with 1 mil plastic or paper CD holder. Seems OK, but pretty surprising

No padding whatsoever seems to be tempting fate, but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Saving a buck on shipping must offset how many re-re-requests from broken discs they estimate to get.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No padding whatsoever seems to be tempting fate, but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Saving a buck on shipping must offset how many re-re-requests from broken discs they estimate to get.

It is a decently stiff cardboard which I have had disc shipped in before even from Criterion, but the cardboard is pretty rough and it seem at least a paper holder would seem reasonable.

My UK BBC replacement disc were sent bare with and bubble wrap and one of the thicker paper envelopes -- not hard
AUS Roadshow replacement discs were in a similar envelope, but is a nice plastic CD sized slimcase.
US replacement usually have seemed to be in a stiffer style clear CD holder (? 3-5mil) in a padded envelope

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
My disc arrived yesterday. The mailer was certainly tight and of fairly durable cardboard.

I played through the problematic segment and it seems fine now. Someday I'll get around to watching some of these episodes.

I've kept the bad disc, marked it with a Sharpie by crossing out the "1" on the Episodes 1-5 label. I've relegated it to the back of my six-disc holder that I used to make up for the broken S2 package I'd received last year.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My disc arrived yesterday. The mailer was certainly tight and of fairly durable cardboard.

I played through the problematic segment and it seems fine now. Someday I'll get around to watching some of these episodes.

I've kept the bad disc, marked it with a Sharpie by crossing out the "1" on the Episodes 1-5 label. I've relegated it to the back of my six-disc holder that I used to make up for the broken S2 package I'd received last year.

First the music on "The Fugitive," and now this. But you've got a good track record of seeing things fixed. Onward.

I live in Ocoee, by the way, since I see you share our 90 degree weather in April, lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks